PDA

View Full Version : Bow River Fishing - Bow City

Banack
08-30-2011, 01:12 PM
Hey all,

I'm doing some contract work in the oil patch south of Brooks, near Scandia and Bow City. Currently camping at Bow City (roughing it in the tent) - I don't have my fly rod but I tried spincasting yesterday, had a few bites, but didn't land any. Can anyone verify what type of fish I'm most likely to catch out there - am I out of the heavy trout and getting more into the pike and walleye? Any advice? Tried fishing under the bridge today, walked into about waist deep water in the middle of the river.

Thx!

Dale S
08-30-2011, 05:49 PM
Those bites you had were probably goldeye.If you saw fish jumping thats what they would be.You might catch the odd trout there but mostly walleye,goldeye,pike,sturgeon(in the sping),and suckers.Try bait fishing if your fishing from shore.If your out in the river try bouncing a jig on the bottom.

WayneChristie
08-30-2011, 07:01 PM
toss out a worm and you have a chance at all sorts of species, from chub minnows to sturgeon and everything in between. or try minnows and add pike to the list as well. even getting hits from suckers on minnows lately. the river is still dropping and is quite slow at the moment. there is also a stocked trout pond just out of town, pretty tiny, I dont know if there are any trout left from this years stocking, its small enough to cast across