PDA

View Full Version : Camping n quading near Edson

pabz
08-30-2011, 03:12 PM
I am going camping with some friends for the long weekend. He has a buddy that lives in Edson that will be lending us his camper. Apparently one of the wheel bearings on the camper is in bad shape so he suggested we stay around edson.

Can AO suggest any good sites near edson for camping/fishing/quading?

We are 4 adults and 2 kids (16 months) so we would be looking for a family friendly place.

Thanks.

lifesaflyin
08-30-2011, 04:42 PM
MY suggestion is fix that bearing, if it lets go you could be spending the night on the highway or worse. dead.

hillbillyreefer
08-30-2011, 05:04 PM
I'm sure the oncoming traffic that wheel goes rolling off into will appreciate it. Tires, rims and hubs going through windshields have killed people. Fix the damn thing and go wherever you like.

pabz
08-30-2011, 05:48 PM
I'm sure the oncoming traffic that wheel goes rolling off into will appreciate it. Tires, rims and hubs going through windshields have killed people. Fix the damn thing and go wherever you like.

I plan to check the thing out to see if its road worthy and if in fact the wheel bearing is done for. I am in no way going to put people's lives at risk! I know the importance of safety, and ensuring those that work/play are always thinking safety first. If you care to talk more about safety we can do so in another thread on another forum.

I am glad to see the majority of AO are environmentally and safety conscience. The fact remains I am heading towards Edson, the question is still about camping/fishing/quading near edson. Anyone care to give some advice about this?

Daceminnow
08-30-2011, 06:06 PM
I plan to check the thing out to see if its road worthy and if in fact the wheel bearing is done for. I am in no way going to put people's lives at risk! I know the importance of safety, and ensuring those that work/play are always thinking safety first. If you care to talk more about safety we can do so in another thread on another forum.

I am glad to see the majority of AO are environmentally and safety conscience. The fact remains I am heading towards Edson, the question is still about camping/fishing/quading near edson. Anyone care to give some advice about this?

lots of guys off load in the ditch not far south on 47. there's a sandpit there you could spend a night or two in. campgrounds at both fickle and fairfax lakes but i don't think you can ride your machines out of them. lots of areas to random camp in that country.

hillbillyreefer
08-30-2011, 07:03 PM
Hope you enjoy yourself. Lots of good places around that area.

tara_13
08-30-2011, 08:09 PM

Bringing kids ?? eeww, I'd be a bit iffy if this is the issue with the camper. Hope its safetied for the precious cargo for the drive, even if its down the street let alone the highway.
Good luck and have a safe weekend !!

tara_13
08-30-2011, 08:12 PM

Bringing kids ?? eeww, I'd be a bit iffy if this is the issue with the camper. Hope its safetied for the precious cargo for the drive, even if its down the street let alone the highway.
Good luck and have a safe weekend !!

SonnyJ
08-30-2011, 10:37 PM
lots of guys off load in the ditch not far south on 47. there's a sandpit there you could spend a night or two in. campgrounds at both fickle and fairfax lakes but i don't think you can ride your machines out of them. lots of areas to random camp in that country.

Buddy of mine was driving a Vac truck down in that area on 47 years ago and a quad came down the hill and right into his path.Buddy swerved to miss the quad and he rolled his Vac truck..

R.I.P. Dan Kaisner...you were a good guy and you are missed.

Play safe out there kids..