PDA

View Full Version : The nights are getting cool...

ice
08-31-2011, 12:27 AM
And we're getting closer to the ice season, (my favourite season)
What are your goals for the winter?
Bucket lists?

As for me, i just hope to get out more this winter, only made it out twice last winter,
And i want to catch that elusive 20 pounder from wab,
My biggest being 10

pikehunter1989
08-31-2011, 08:02 AM
Elusive 20 lber from wab? Everytime we go theres always a couple over 10 lbs with days where We average at around 10-12 lbs...There's lots in there. Spend enough time out there and it's bound to happen. I'd love to find a elusive 30 lber. Which I'm sure isnt the biggest In that lake either.
My goal is to also hook a 20 lber out of wab (biggest so far is 14.5)
Hook a nice burbot somwhere I can keep one. I have hooked into 2 at wab that were 8+ lbs..just need to find them in another lake now.
Try and get to cold lake with someone who can get me into some lakers
And the main one..get out as much as possible.

I'm getting pretty excited for hardwater aswell since I don't have a boat yet. Plus I just love ice fishing. What else is there to do in winter that is as relaxing as fishing? Lol

ice
08-31-2011, 09:05 AM
Haha, yeah, mabey not elusive, just that the lake is full of big fish, and i alway seem to land on a hole that has an average of 2 - 8 pounders, i just dont have the time to cruise the whole lake to find one, but alass... Mabey this will be my year!

mooseknuckle
08-31-2011, 09:30 AM
Elusive 20 lber from wab? Everytime we go theres always a couple over 10 lbs with days where We average at around 10-12 lbs...There's lots in there. Spend enough time out there and it's bound to happen. I'd love to find a elusive 30 lber. Which I'm sure isnt the biggest In that lake either.
My goal is to also hook a 20 lber out of wab (biggest so far is 14.5)
Hook a nice burbot somwhere I can keep one. I have hooked into 2 at wab that were 8+ lbs..just need to find them in another lake now.
Try and get to cold lake with someone who can get me into some lakers
And the main one..get out as much as possible.

I'm getting pretty excited for hardwater aswell since I don't have a boat yet. Plus I just love ice fishing. What else is there to do in winter that is as relaxing as fishing? Lol

AMEN!! buddy can't wait either!! However you know your welcome on my boat anytime my friend, and with the cooler water brings bigger fish so we will have to make a few fall trips to try and yank a few monsters from the depths on open water!!

the local angler
08-31-2011, 10:50 AM
yeah i hear ya i was coming back from travers last nite and some dark storm clouds rolled in and i swear it was cold enought to snow. as for my bucket list is to build another 4x4 truck hopefully be ready for next seasons fishing as some of my spots require a fairly big 4x4. then start building my boat since i bought all the parts but its all just sitting there. for winter species is to get some brookies ice fishing.

Flyfisher87
09-01-2011, 06:26 AM
And we're getting closer to the ice season, (my favourite season)
What are your goals for the winter?
Bucket lists?

As for me, i just hope to get out more this winter, only made it out twice last winter,
And i want to catch that elusive 20 pounder from wab,
My biggest being 10

Ice fishing is my forte'. In fact, I am going to pick up all my gear this weekend ( Hope it all fits in the new SUV lol). I haven't been out in a couple years due to other commitments. My goal is to just get out fishing and find a decent lake where I can park on shore and walk out on the lake. I have never ice fished down here ( Calgary), need to spend some time doing research on where to go. I have a few places in mind. The trick is to find a lake that has a "little more elbow room" than others. Might have to do some searching through some old posts on AO to find my answers.

Geezle
09-01-2011, 08:00 AM
Winter's not here yet!! I'm still looking forward to a couple months of really good walleye fishing out of the NSR!

As for this winter, I want to fish the snot out of Wab again, and try to beat out last year's 20lber by a good margin. I'd also like to do a couple trout fish fries out on the ice - right out of the water and in to the pan! Yum!

pikehunter1989
09-01-2011, 10:40 AM
AMEN!! buddy can't wait either!! However you know your welcome on my boat anytime my friend, and with the cooler water brings bigger fish so we will have to make a few fall trips to try and yank a few monsters from the depths on open water!!

Terry I would defiantly be up for a couple fall trips for those big pike! I'll bring the..pops lol.

Winter's not here yet!! I'm still looking forward to a couple months of really good walleye fishing out of the NSR!

As for this winter, I want to fish the snot out of Wab again, and try to beat out last year's 20lber by a good margin. I'd also like to do a couple trout fish fries out on the ice - right out of the water and in to the pan! Yum!

I am also going to enjoy those fall walleye. Should be picking up real soon!
As for the 20+ lber..I hope I'm there for that one so you arnt stuck with a picture of it next to a shovel again! Lol.. And I'm defiantly looking forward to early ice trout!!! Mmmm fresh fish!:thinking-006: