PDA

View Full Version : First Wabamum walleye

fishinggeek
08-31-2011, 09:31 AM
Headed out to wabamum last night for some pike action in the late evening. what a beautiful night. caught a couple of small pike to start and then out of nowhere landed a nice healthy 3 lb walleye. surprised the %$#@ out of me, hahaha. And of course had to dig out my camera from the tackle box so i kept the fish in the water and litterely half a second from taking the pic trying to get a coal plant in the backgroud so people would belive me the hook popped out. lol. Anyways kept fishing and landed over 15 pike that night with 5 between 37-39 inch. those big pike put up a good fight, my arms were burning when it was all said and done. lol. ill post some pics tonight.
Any other reports of walleye being caught this year at wab?

mooseknuckle
08-31-2011, 09:58 AM
I swore I seen one down the hole last year on the ice, but......

Your not one for fish tales so I for one believe you 100% and dude that is awesome!!

I'm looking around on my computer for a pic of a guy who caught one there a couple years back it was a very large walleye close to 10lbs I'm sure but you could clearly see the power lines and the rail bridge in the background. I'm sure it was on this site actually.

Anyways geek congrats on the walleye and good job on the pike as usual. I think with the cooling temps things will really start getting good out there.

alodar
08-31-2011, 10:04 AM
Awesome makes for amcawesome day sean cant wait for the pics

Stewie
08-31-2011, 10:07 AM
Saw a guy catch one on that show Outdoor Obsession last year…

A buddy of mine had a few picks of Fish and Wildlife releasing some so they are in there but there can’t be to many…

BGSH
08-31-2011, 10:26 AM
only saw a dead one on shore about 2 months ago, other then that havent heard of anything, good to hear you caught one which means they are around.

RavYak
08-31-2011, 06:15 PM
Someone had posted details to walleye being relocated to Wabamun. There is actually comment in the message from ministry at the beginning of the regs as well. With the lake being catch and release for at least 6-8 more years(what I overheard a few guys saying they heard from F&W) the Walleye should be able to survive and start to thrive.

fishinggeek
08-31-2011, 08:37 PM
In the 70's and early 80's brian from the fishinghole in sask used to catch up to 13-14lb walleye in the wab hot water canal, i read somewhere online in a document that all the walleye would die trying to spawn in the wab canal, getting stuck in the grates or whatever they use to block it off before going into the plant. not shure if this is the reason they didn't make it.
My wife landed this 40incher last week, pic is with my 3 year old daughter.
And for all you trying to figure out where i was fishing, all i can say is fallis. pretty obvious. hahaha.
And the code you see is for the bountyfishing tourny they have online this week. pretty cool tourny for all who is interested.
Anyways here are some pics i got, enjoy.
http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l23/fishinggeek/glendapike060.jpg
http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l23/fishinggeek/wabpikeaug29018.jpg
http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l23/fishinggeek/wabaug30008.jpg
http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l23/fishinggeek/wabaug30007.jpg
http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l23/fishinggeek/wabaug30003.jpg
http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l23/fishinggeek/wabaug30011.jpg

Walleye101
08-31-2011, 10:33 PM
There is only one thing missing bud. Your daughters life jacket!

chubbdarter
08-31-2011, 10:38 PM
[QUOTE=fishinggeek;1064617]In the 70's and early 80's brian from the fishinghole in sask used to catch up to 13-14lb walleye in the wab hot water canal, i read somewhere online in a document that all the walleye would die trying to spawn in the wab canal, getting stuck in the grates or whatever they use to block it off before going into the plant. not shure if this is the reason they didn't make it.
My wife landed this 40incher last week, pic is with my 3 year old daughter.
And for all you trying to figure out where i was fishing, all i can say is fallis. pretty obvious. hahaha.
And the code you see is for the bountyfishing tourny they have online this week. pretty cool tourny for all who is interested.
Anyways here are some pics i got, enjoy.

Great fish as always

We baby sat little Dygger back then on the water.....it was easy to see he would become a great fisherman.

FG...where the heck is TyreeUm.....get him to text me, thanks

BGSH
08-31-2011, 10:39 PM
wow i missed that, yea safety first, other then that, great fish man, wear a lifejacket

fickell
09-01-2011, 08:35 AM
There is only one thing missing bud. Your daughters life jacket!

x2

LCCFisherman
09-01-2011, 08:54 AM
X3!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

fishinggeek
09-01-2011, 09:30 AM
Adam and i meet brian about 6 years ago. really nice guy and even better fisherman. he's told us alot about spots and where to go. We display all our world record mounts at the fishinghole is saskatoon. we have our 48lb world record rainbow there as we speak.
As for tyree, i will be seeing him this weekend, he is really busy with his new job so may not be on as much anymore.
As for the lifejacket. i take it off for the bountyfishing pics, as you can see its right becide me where i put it down to take the pic. My daughter usually always has one on, my wife took it off because she was swimming and got cold so we put some warm cloths on. But YES safty always, especually in smaller boats.:)
i will be targeting my 32 inch plus walleye in saskatoon this weekend for the bounty tourny also. wish me luck.

hiddenwalleye
09-01-2011, 01:00 PM
Seen F/W stocking Wabamum last year with Wally's from lake Isle which is a good thing because Isle got KILLED with Winter Kill in spring, the chore line was full of dead fish with ton's being Wally's!!!

HW

Walleye101
09-01-2011, 01:14 PM
Good luck bud!! Catch the big one!

Daceminnow
09-01-2011, 05:06 PM
In the 70's and early 80's brian from the fishinghole in sask used to catch up to 13-14lb walleye in the wab hot water canal

even into the 90's. we used to catch some really nice eyes in the bath water back in the day. nice northerns geek. hope you nail a big girl on the weekend.

Dace