PDA

View Full Version : Tobin lake

Princecraft164
08-31-2011, 10:00 AM
Hey, Im gonna be dragging the boat out to tobin lake sept 8-11, and staying at the tobin lake resort near Nipawin. Has anyone stayed there before? Any tips or tricks i should know about or secret locations to land a big one?

Hope it turns out to be a good trip, first time I'll be fishing in Saskatchewan.

Topwater
08-31-2011, 09:23 PM
If your staying at the resort village then go see the folks at the Tobin Lake Resort store. They will know what's going on in the lake. If you are fishing the river portion of Tobin then come see us at the marina, we'll point you in the right direction with presentation and techniques. Don't be afraid to ask questions, everybody here wants to see that you have a good time.
Steve

nicemustang
08-31-2011, 10:49 PM
Haven't been in a while since harvest started and I never get to fish there in sept....but my favorite summer spots are relatively close to the resort. We usually launch there.

x2 to seeing what the folks in the store say. They will at least tell you what's up and where to start. Trolling on south side just east of launch along the structure is a good bet with spinners. Or across to prudens point, same technique although they tend to be there more earlier in the year. If it was later in season, my favorite spot is carrolls cove. Nice sharp drops. Usually jig there with a double tail. If heading up the river further can't go wrong at eagles nest. There's always quite a few boats there. If all else fails, just get a trolls to 20 crank out and troll the old river bed. You'd be sure to pick up some big pike or walleye in mid-days.

Teamprotz
09-01-2011, 04:06 PM
Just got a report from people who know , the river has entered its s l o w september period. Slows every year until the Vanity. Lake should still be good for pike and eyes if you don't mind losing some equipment to logs.