PDA

View Full Version : Wabamum

Blairh
09-01-2011, 01:58 AM
Heading to Wabamum today with a couple friends, gonna be the first time there ever, just wondering if anyone would be willing to share any effective methods for catching fish there, not asking for honey holes just asking for a couple tips.
Any help appreciated
thanks,
blairh

sapper3
09-01-2011, 05:53 AM
Well first off Boat or Shore fishing..if you are in the boat jsut troll the lake with a few lures and well hope for the best. I mean for me the Rap Shad has worked well. I trolled at speed of 2.5 mph.. Or anchor and use spiner and well Gulp Alive bait. Blue shines works well. I caught a 43 Inch - 8 lbs there last week just as you pass the train bridge. Best of luck..

pickrel pat
09-01-2011, 06:28 AM
[QUOTE=sapper3;106492 I caught a 43 Inch - 8 lbs there last week just as you pass the train bridge. Best of luck..[/QUOTE]

wow..... thats a long skinny snake!

Geezle
09-01-2011, 07:56 AM
It's pike in Wabamun, so I think your odds of getting in to some fish are pretty good. There's not a ton of places you can shore fish, so hopefully you've got access to a boat.

That being said, cruise along the the shorelines, either trolling or just tossing hardware out. Toss out spoons, spinners, crankbaits, swimbaits and pretty much anything else you've got and you'll do okay.

fishmania
09-01-2011, 10:03 PM
Was out there a couple of weeks ago we caught about 10 pike in the 8-12+lb range and a number of smaller ones