PDA

View Full Version : Perch lake this time of year?

Kim473
09-02-2011, 05:49 AM
So which is a good perch lake this time of year? Looking to head out on Sunday. Thinking about hitting N.Buck. Maybe there is a better one out there right now so asking all you fine people as to where they are bitting. Been about 6 months since my last perch feed. I know the best lakes to get them in the winter but don't usualy fish for them in the summer months.

Thx for the replies.

Whiskey
09-02-2011, 07:02 AM
well, I have been catching perch steady in every lake that hold them around my area.... all summer long they have been biting here

HunterDave
09-02-2011, 11:40 AM
I don't usually fish for perch but I do know that there are some in Devils Lake and Nakumun Lake. Much closer than North Buck Lake anyway. :)

dryflyguy
09-02-2011, 11:42 AM
I don't usually fish for perch but I do know that there are some in Devils Lake and Nakumun Lake. Much closer than North Buck Lake anyway. :)

Is Nakamun back? I had heard that the lake was down a lot in recent years and the perch just weren't what they used to be.

JohnnyD
09-02-2011, 12:12 PM
Has anyone pulled perch from Pigeon Lake in the last few years? I have never tried for perch on this lake but I can remember about 5 years ago when the buggers would chase and bump larger jigs while walleye fishing.

HunterDave
09-02-2011, 01:14 PM
Is Nakamun back? I had heard that the lake was down a lot in recent years and the perch just weren't what they used to be.

I don't know for sure.....it might have even been winter killed during the winter. Around here it's known as a perch lake though.

linemanpete
09-02-2011, 02:14 PM
Nakamun perch were biting all winter long, but none of size. Towards last ice, they were sitting high in the water channel which could be a sign of low oxygen levels (winterkill)

Kim473
09-03-2011, 05:28 AM
Nakamun perch were biting all winter long, but none of size. Towards last ice, they were sitting high in the water channel which could be a sign of low oxygen levels (winterkill)

Ya like 1 to 6 ft from the ice in 16 ft deep water. I think that lake might have gotten hit hard this past winter.

I wonder if maybe Isle might be a good place to try? I know everyone said winter killed, but there are some deep holes in that lake and just maybe it will still be worth the trip. Was pulling some nice 12" out two winters ago. Any nice perch in south buck? What kind of size? If I could get some in the over 8" size that would be great. Under that and its not worth it as I like to fillet mine boneless. Don't want to skin them. 10 - 8" perch would make a nice meal. Reminds me I got to get some oil for my turkey fryer for the fish this weekend. MMMMmmm deep fried perch fillets some larg shrimp, freshly picked cucumber, onion, cream, viniger and dill, homemade fresh bread. Damm, making myself hungry now.

Willowtrail
09-05-2011, 07:57 PM
I hit Lac La Biche 2 weeks ago and we did well. Found them in 15-30 feet of water.
Not sure how it is this week but would be worth a trip. If you think of going let me know.