PDA

View Full Version : Carson lake. The first time ever a rod snapped on me.

pabz
09-04-2011, 10:48 PM
We decided to go tenting at Carson lake for the long weekend. so far its been more of a family trip. I got about 7 hrs of fishing in over three days. After the first day i left my rod along the back window in my silverado, after a quick trip to whitecourt i came to realize that my rod broke cause the seat was not fully engaged in the seating position. I thought the weekend fishing was doomed. My 40 buck rapala rod from cabalas was broke and the closest place to get a rod was canadian tire. i picked up a shimano rod for 60 bucks and went back to fishing. i took home a single trout in the two hours i was fishing. fishing weekend was back on track, that is until the next day when my wife let me fish for more than two hrs. while fishing i caught a snag and per usual pulled the rod back slowly while reeling it in. SNAP. my first rod that snapped on me while fishing. since the first rod break stressed me out, i just laughed it off with the people around me. i took it back to cantire for an exchange. my uncle is coming to meet me tommorow and i am gonna be "reel" easy on this rod.

my question did this happen cause its a cheap rod ? ie. less than $100? i also think i may get the rod my dad left me fixed cause the top eyelet is broken. i am also gonna get a rod case as well.
i plan to take it to the reel doctor in edmonton. getting back into fishing after ten years is sure full of surprises!