PDA

View Full Version : My Sunday fishing looking for some perch

Kim473
09-05-2011, 07:25 AM
Well, We started out heading to N.Buck looking for perch. Got there at about 8:30 in morning and went to all the spots on the lake that we know of that have any deeper holes and not a single perch, caught a few 1 lb pike. Did'nt realise untill now that wow is that lake shallow allmost every where. Noon now and what to do cause this sucks. Started heading back to Edmonton and maybe go to Long lake, saw the sign on the hiway that said Amisk road, well neadless to say my truck just slowed and turned by it self and we have never been to that lake before. While launching the boat we talked to a couple of youg guys and they gave us a couple of pointers on where to go. Started crusing on the lake and well we all said man this is a nice lake. Fished it for about 3 hrs and again no perch, Caught lots of 2 lb pike and lots of walleye but no tags for use so no supper meal for us yet. So we said lets go to long lake. Went to a few places where we know of perch to found in the winter months but again no perch, we all said that bite had to be a perch at least one time but what can I say. Again caught lots of small to tiny pike that would fit in an aquarium, Caughts tons of walleye of all sizes. Conversation officers found us on the lake which did not surprize us as they are allways out there. Checked us out and we were good to go. First time they ever asked for boat licence. Asked if we had all the safety stuff your supposed to have and we passed, A couple of youg guys and they were very nice, they gave us a pointer to who and where some perch were beeing caught but again not a one. So we went home with not a one fish to eat but it was a great day as we had fun and caught a few fish and enjoyed the last summer hot day on the water. Might make it out one more time this fall but we will have to see. Think I might put in for tags at Amisk lake next year as that is a very nice lake.