PDA

View Full Version : carson in september

mikelikefish
09-06-2011, 03:13 PM
How is Carson in September anyone up on the long weekend good or bad this time of year

hutch44
09-06-2011, 03:33 PM
Carson Lake by Whitecourt??

outdoors forever
09-06-2011, 04:37 PM
Carson Lake by Whitecourt??

Its not Carson Lake - its McLeod Lake. :love0025:

-JR-
09-06-2011, 06:04 PM
Its Carson campground and the lake is Mcloud lake. either or does not matter to me !

fishman
09-06-2011, 07:01 PM
Its Carson campground and the lake is Mcloud lake. either or does not matter to me !

Here is the story if anybody cares the lake use to be called Mcloed Lake years ago by the natives and when we gave them land just down the road they wanted the lake to go back to the original name.......who really cares.......... funny thing is carson creek flows out of carson lake and it is stilled called .............carson creek....................anyways i have called it carson lake for 40 years and all the locals do to so why would we call it anything else.........political bull ****

Bigtoad
09-06-2011, 07:26 PM
Backswimmers/boatmen in September should give you results in any pothole lake in Alberta with trout. Cast the flies with a bobber if you're spin casting. I like foam ones that float so you can see the strike but you can also put split shot on it if they want it swimming.

cheers.

Dust1n
09-06-2011, 07:32 PM
Backswimmers/boatmen in September should give you results in any pothole lake in Alberta with trout. Cast the flies with a bobber if you're spin casting. I like foam ones that float so you can see the strike but you can also put split shot on it if they want it swimming.

cheers.

a range about 2 weeks the back swimmers dive into the water with a big splash its awsome!

fishman
09-06-2011, 11:19 PM
carson is not the best backswimmer lake boys alot better lakes with backswimmer action.......shrimp patterns,leachs,wooley buggers work better

Paul C
09-07-2011, 07:59 AM
carson is not the best backswimmer lake boys alot better lakes with backswimmer action.......shrimp patterns,leachs,wooley buggers work better
X2 Leech patterns work well there. The beaded olive green seems to work well all year around. Spend some time working the weeded shore line. Those who like to bottom fish try orange floating bait. The second fish stocking they released trout to one pound.

wbaj
09-07-2011, 05:56 PM
How is Carson in September anyone up on the long weekend good or bad this time of year

52buick and woolly utters always work in the fall at Carson

EZM
09-08-2011, 01:21 PM
Last Sept or October we produced good results with small spinners and small flat fish. Green or green/pink combos.