Tezma
09-06-2011, 11:08 PM
Went Fishing Near 22X,

It was about 9 pm when she hit.

AWSOME fight she put up as well

everything else is a secret. LOL

Guitarplayingfish
09-07-2011, 12:10 AM
shes real long, not a whole lot of girth though. Nice catch!

Tezma
09-07-2011, 12:12 AM
shes real long, not a whole lot of girth though. Nice catch!

Yea it was wierd, I thought that aswell,

Tezma
09-07-2011, 03:50 AM
do you think it could be old?

BCSteel
09-07-2011, 04:05 AM
Looks like a kelt, but trout are spring spawners so... not sure.

Alberta Bigbore
09-07-2011, 07:32 AM
Congrats on a nice fish

Sundancefisher
09-07-2011, 07:50 AM
When you cleaned it did it seemed spawned out? Some rainbows do exhibit fall spawning behavior. Hatcheries often spawn rainbows in the fall to have the right sized trout for stocking the next year. I have caught rainbow spawners in the Crow...in the Fall.

BCSteel
09-07-2011, 01:11 PM
Personally, I have only seen kelt like bows in lakes; egg bound fish that had no where to drop their eggs and ended up holding on to them until they quite literally burst from them. I'm not saying it can't happen other ways, just that I haven't seen it... yet.

Now if hatcheries are involved then there's no telling what could be going on. I have some pics from a few years back of some hermaphordite steelhead of hatchery origin. The regional bios response to my pics and questions? Looks good, nothing wrong there. O.o Having been inside of literally thousands of salmonids I can assure you that there was most definatly something wrong with those fish.

Either way, nice catch and it could quite well have just been an old fish and that being the case, the oldest ones are usually the smartest ones so, well done.

Tezma
09-07-2011, 02:33 PM
When you cleaned it did it seemed spawned out? Some rainbows do exhibit fall spawning behavior. Hatcheries often spawn rainbows in the fall to have the right sized trout for stocking the next year. I have caught rainbow spawners in the Crow...in the Fall.

I Allways C & R Unless I an up in Upper kananskis lake.
You can only keep a trout Under 35 CM in the bow where I was.

So I don't know I didn't keep her. I released her perfectly.