PDA

View Full Version : How much does it weight?

Tezma
09-08-2011, 03:52 AM
Look at this brown and tell me what you think it weighed in at?

I know for a fact I could get my hand over its back
Just look at my hand.

I think about 8 lbs.

EZM
09-08-2011, 09:55 AM
Photos are tough - some "camerateers" (would be fisherman) have mastered the art of angles and perspective.

I have 7lb fish that looked like 14lbers and caught and snaped shots of 18lbers who look like 9lbers. I am not a "camerateer". Clearly by taking these random shots I've had guys look at (what i weighed at the time to be a 7lber) say "holy crap that thing is like 14-15lbs!!!! And the reverse is true.

I'd say 8lb is a reasonable guesstimate but I'd suspect on the high end. I'd have said 6lbs just by looking at it knowing trout tend to be heavy for thier length. Having said that (and re-reading my above ranting) .... It could be 9lbs.

Scales are a good investment. I use one all the time.

BeeGuy
09-08-2011, 12:04 PM
my estimate is 6, maybe 6.5lb

If I caught it and was relaying the story, that fish would be a fair 10lbs.

L

Gust
09-08-2011, 12:56 PM
I'd say seven, only because the rez trout are a stocky sort,, I caught a brown this year that I guessed at 3lbs and when I got it home it weighed in at 4lbs. An 11lb specimen a fellow caught in the monster year (2010) was very very broad and long.

Bound2Fish
09-08-2011, 01:10 PM
The fish looks pretty firm with no gut or excess weight, my guess would be a healthy 7#

Gust
09-08-2011, 01:17 PM
I met Tezma by chance at a Macs, and he is much bigger than the pic makes him out to be,,, had I not met him I would have put the fish at 5lbs. My camera makes me look super skinny.

Tezma
09-08-2011, 01:56 PM
I met Tezma by chance at a Macs, and he is much bigger than the pic makes him out to be,,, had I not met him I would have put the fish at 5lbs. My camera makes me look super skinny.

That was you, I tottal forgot your username.

It was wierd. I drove right up to macs and I see this guy walking with a fishing rod. He turned and asked me if I was Tezma ..... from AO lol..

I said yes and we started talking.

Crazy!