PDA

View Full Version : saturday am

mark-edmonton
01-18-2008, 06:52 PM
All right, time to decide. In the morning I am taking my son fishing. We are either going to Isle or Pigeon.

What would be the board favorite?

We just want to catch some fish. I have never caught a white and would loe to do so, but can never seem to find them. Don't think ther is any in Isle. Is there burbot there?

Let me know your thoughts, and thanks

Mark

Rockymtnx
01-18-2008, 06:56 PM
Well if you read the posts from the last three weeks about Pigeon, 95% of the people have got skunked or damned close.
You see some whites but just not biting. Then the other 5% are limiting out.
Go figure???

But heck what am I talking about, thats were I am headed tomorrow.

mud slug
01-18-2008, 07:03 PM
if you go out to pigeon try a small yellow wire worm or a yellow/red candycane striped wire worm with a magot. someone(over heard at the fishing hole) said thats what they caught a bunch of whites on .

thefishguy
01-18-2008, 07:11 PM
There is both burbot and lake whitefish in lake isle. Burbot are a speices more active in the winter, to catch them all you need is a 5" Anchovy, hooked through the back with a large treble hook about 6" off the bottom.

Soiler
01-18-2008, 07:20 PM
Myself, I'm headin out to pigeon.Tryin to catch the whites on a day they're biting. You can do fairly well on burbot there to, as well as walleye. I've taken lots of kids out to pigeon & always manage to put them on to their 1st fish.Goodluck to you tomorrow.

mark-edmonton
01-18-2008, 08:44 PM
Thanks for all the replies. I guess part of the problem is that I'm not from alberta so most of these fishing spots are new to me. Not exactly sure where on the ice to drill. oh well. time to learn. lol

mark-edmonton
01-19-2008, 05:30 PM
well, we went to isle for the morning and managed to pull one out. Not much of a bite today, except for the wind! But we didn't get skunked..!!