PDA

View Full Version : A 7 year old's target, I'm impressed

gitrdun
09-23-2011, 10:03 AM
After recently attending a bench shoot, I must sheepishly admit that a 9 year old handed me my arse. In spite that I'll use "equipment issues" as my excuse, it is a humbling experience, but still nice to see a youngster shoot so well and even win some cash. So, I decided that my grandson, 7 year old Gage would be the tool of my vengeance on this young man and sat him down at my bench, fixed him up with my CZ452 and tested his ability. I think that I found my protege, training is forthcoming and it looks like we have a junior addition to our shooting team. Target was shot off bags at 100 yards, 5shot group. I'm certainly impressed!

http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j93/elkfirst/My%20rifles/gagetarget.jpg

TheKi
09-23-2011, 10:20 AM
wow good shooting :)

Drop_Tine
09-23-2011, 10:25 AM
Lol .. Awesome ... Watch out 170 wt in a few years

Pep
09-23-2011, 11:14 AM
Oh oh oh, can I borrow or lease him from you. :sHa_sarcasticlol:

My cousin was showing off his 10 year old to me a month ago and bragging him up. The kid could shoot but I think we can take him with your grandson. We will split the profits 50/50 :sHa_shakeshout:

Sledhead71
09-23-2011, 11:39 AM
Awesome, good on you for introducing a youth to our passion !

gitrdun
09-23-2011, 11:48 AM
Oh oh oh, can I borrow or lease him from you. :sHa_sarcasticlol:

My cousin was showing off his 10 year old to me a month ago and bragging him up. The kid could shoot but I think we can take him with your grandson. We will split the profits 50/50 :sHa_shakeshout:

Those kids shooting in junior class can easily come home with a $200.00 to $300.00 cheque. I mean, how much more encouraging than that can it be? On a further positive note, Gage used to play some video game with his friends called "Black Ops" or something, he was always talking about it. Since his introduction, he tells his friends that he doesn't want to play anymore 'cause he shoots the real guns with his poppa. :sHa_shakeshout:

TheKi
09-23-2011, 12:08 PM
Those kids shooting in junior class can easily come home with a $200.00 to $300.00 cheque. I mean, how much more encouraging than that can it be? On a further positive note, Gage used to play some video game with his friends called "Black Ops" or something, he was always talking about it. Since his introduction, he tells his friends that he doesn't want to play anymore 'cause he shoots the real guns with his poppa. :sHa_shakeshout:

wow how do i get in? Can i turn that into a summer job somehow? and i dont play call of duty black opps or any video games now cause i shoot

Jayhad
09-23-2011, 12:14 PM
On a further positive note, Gage used to play some video game with his friends called "Black Ops" or something, he was always talking about it.

Wow your 7 year old gson plays Black Ops, a game rated Mature 17+.... hmm
I'm sure his 7 year old brain will be able to determine that those scenes are just simulated rape and torture.

Good shooting though

gitrdun
09-23-2011, 12:18 PM
I'm sure his 7 year old brain will be able to determine that those scenes are just simulated rape and torture.

Good shooting though

I have no idea about those games, but had I known what you're telling me, I'd mentioned it to his parents and put a stop to it real quick. Simulated rape and torture? the fact that those things are even legal no matter what the age rating is sickening. Oh well, on and forward.

colour86
09-23-2011, 12:22 PM
i dont see any rape in black ops.....and i play regularly. Its my nerdy side coming out. The game is violent, and deserves the rating, but I have yet to see something that would cause concern. Kids are pretty desensitized these days from whatever is on tv/internet/video games. Not saying its a good thing, just seems to be the case.

Good shooting though! I still have trouble putting up a respectable grouping...

redranger15
09-23-2011, 12:23 PM

Good shooting though

Your the best, feel better now? :snapoutofit:

gitrdun
09-23-2011, 12:38 PM
wow how do i get in? Can i turn that into a summer job somehow? and i dont play call of duty black opps or any video games now cause i shoot

It's easy, just look for silhouette or benchrest matches in Alberta. Some in Lethbridge, Sibbald Flats, Warner, Drayton Valley, etc. I don't know that you could make a job out of it, but you certainly would be in for a day of great shooting, learning and the added bonus of a plaque, medal and sometimes cash. Always great to see the youngster out shooting with dad or grandpa.

Rockymtnx
09-23-2011, 12:46 PM
Some awesome shooting by that youngster.

gopher
09-23-2011, 03:14 PM
Finally a challenger for Rockymtx and the postal shoot. Side bets next year?

Big Daddy Badger
09-23-2011, 04:17 PM
That is a great grouping...keep him on the trigger he might go further than the local range.

SHORTMAG
09-23-2011, 07:30 PM
GITRDUN.....Man that's awesome! So nice to see folks getting the youth involved. They ARE the future of our hunting and shooting sports!! I believe It doesn't get any better than introducing a youngster to the shooting sports, esp when their minds are like sponges and are easily approached and taught. Well done Sir...well done!!
I'm going to start a new thread so I don't jack yours....about kids and shooting. I'd like to see how many others are doing this also. If you have any more pics of the range outing, please post them up over there for all to see. ThankX and kudos to you for introducing them to it. ...shortmag

DarkAisling
09-23-2011, 07:32 PM
Very nice!

Redfrog
09-23-2011, 07:45 PM
gitrdun it's good to see you're teaching your grandson how to gitrdun.:sHa_shakeshout:

Darn kid shoots better than I do. Good shooting!!!:sHa_shakeshout:

honda450
09-23-2011, 07:49 PM
Think that youngin has a good teacher.:) Way to go gitrdun. And the tradition continues.