PDA

View Full Version : Nikon 4.5-14x40 coyote special

Drunkenfarmer
09-25-2011, 07:45 AM
Been thinking of one of these for a while to go on my TC ventuer pred. I bought. I took the scope of my 270, but with hunting season upon us I'd like to put the 4-16x40 bushnell banner scope back on it (as a back up).

If I'm going to invest in optics I'd like to get something nice to put on my 22-250. I like the 2.5-16x50 elite bushnells but was thinking I should get the all cammo set up on it, Real Tree Max-1. Also the Nikon has that BDC are they any good?

Heres a link to TC for it http://www.tcarms.com/firearms/venture_predator.php

And a link to nikon http://www.nikonhunting.com/products/riflescopes/coyote_special

Opinions?

wolf308
09-25-2011, 09:28 AM
i love em, i got the 3-9 x 40mm nikon coyote special and hey hammered a coyote last night near dusk and two more this morning(that happened to be investigating the body of the first one).

its on my 22-250(savage predator) as well, manuel says the reticle is calibrated for a 55gr going 3700 fps(for the 250),my handload is 1/2 moa and ripping at 3600 fps, just love it.

my longest kill shot to date was with it at 500 ish yards. i put the 450 yard circle on the coyotes head ,facing me and pulled the trigger after slinging my arm and laying in the prone, 2-4(hard to tell) long seconds passed and was about to jack another round cause the yote never responded,then it toppled over. chest shot.

i like it so much i put another version the buckmaster one on my 270 for ram/big game hunting and checked it out in increments to 450 yards and it worked great.

the coyote special scope i have still hasnt gone out of zero and initially had 5 kills for 5 shots,then i missed two on the move pretty far.now its back up to 5 kills . i call my rifle five for five or 55.LOL. its the size of its bullet too.LOL some more. hopefully my next shot is true and ill call it 6 for 6.great gun and scope combo.

speaking of 500 yard shots,i just passed the 500 posts mark.LOL.im so funny.

PJT
09-25-2011, 11:12 AM
I have a Coyote special like the one you are looking at. It is great. Nice crisp clear optics at all magnifications
The circle is great! just have your prey step into the circle and it is over!

CaberTosser
09-25-2011, 11:34 PM
Has anyone seen one of these in a 4.5-14 x 40 in the Mossy Oak Brush pattern in Canada? All I see are the Max-1, and my Savage .243 is in the brush pattern (also the Predator Hunter like you other fellows)

I'm not too keen on trying to import from the States with the border hassles associated....

wolf308
09-26-2011, 07:14 AM
for somse reason their not around, i tried to get one for mine as well and had to get the max 1 camo scheme. i was skeptical at first but it looks fine on it,you can barely tell. trust me