PDA

View Full Version : Remington 700 Value

corner27
09-28-2011, 11:42 AM
I am looking at buying a Remington 700 .270 with an older scope. The gun was made in the 60's. It comes with a couple boxes of ammo.

First I would like to see what people think the value on a gun like that would be. It looks to be very well taken care of, and the rifling looks good.

Second, I know you have buy a new remington 700 for 550 on sale. Would I be better of buying a new cheaper 700 than buying an older one?

Thanks

fordtruckin
09-28-2011, 11:53 AM
Given the recent decline in the Remmington Quality Control I'd lean towards buying a gently used older one. As long as the bore and rifling look good and the outside of the rifle is free from any major defects I'd tend to go with the older one. Should probably be able to pick it up for the same price if not cheaper depending upon what model 700 it is.

Big Racks
09-28-2011, 12:56 PM
Depending on condition, the bare bones rifle should be worth in the same neighbourhood ~ $550 at this time of year. The ammo is a throw in but does add a bit of value, again it depends on the ammo (ie: Core-Lok vs. Fed Prem. TBBC's). The scope is the wild card. Make, model, age and condition all play in to what the extra value is on it. It could be worthless or it could ad decent value to the package.

BTW, the sale Remingtons you see in the $500 range these days are not in the same ball park as your grandpa's 700 BDL, these are 700 SPS models. Give me an older BDL any day.