PDA

View Full Version : Thinking about a new rifle.....

Tikka300
09-29-2011, 10:24 AM
Thinking about a new rifle in 7mm-08. Was leaning toward the sako 85 stainless laminate but then I saw my buddy's 7mm-08 in the remington laminate mountain rifle. Nice to carry and shoulders good too. I prefer the looks of the brown laminate remington over the grey sako laminate but don't know if I am sold on the light contour barrel with t he remington.

Any suggestions? Either gun would do the trick but she will mostly be a deer gun that may see the odd moose hunting trip. Basically just want another rifle.

Thanks,

FallAirFever
09-29-2011, 11:14 AM
My buddy has the exact Remi you are talking about. Nice little gun and it fits him perfectly. I am 6'1 and find it undersized in my hands.
Something that really surprised me was how much muzzle jump there was on this gun with the thin bbl and stock. Buddy actually scoped himself. Once you get use to it its not an issue but didnt expect it out of a gun with a 308 casing.

Shoot your buddys and see how you like it!

My friends shoots good, gets nice groups with just about anything in 140gr.

Good luck with your decision, both are nice rifles, and a great caliber as far as I am concerned.

32-40win
09-30-2011, 12:25 AM
If you like the 700, you could also inquire about the 700KS Mtn rifle from the custom shop.
You could get the same barrel profile as the Classic they built in the late 80's.
Be around the same money as the Sako 85.
It's a thought at least.