PDA

View Full Version : Cleaning Fish at Home--That Smell!

BigIrv
01-21-2008, 12:40 PM
Hey guys,
I'm new here and think this forum is great. Much better that some other Alberta based forums. Great tips on how to fish and how to clean fish.

One question for all of you. When you clean fish at home an need to do it on your kitchen counter how do you get rid of the fish smell that seems to linger for days? Any tricks?

ULTRAlite
01-21-2008, 12:42 PM
toothpaste - works on your hands anyway...

Grizzled
01-21-2008, 01:07 PM
I clean them on a piece of cardboard and use sliced lemon to wipe down the area after and it seems to get rid of any smell.

chuck0039
01-21-2008, 01:10 PM
Cleaned some perch on newspaper on sunday. Just take the sun open it up in the middle and clean away. I have not had any smell left behind after done cleaning the fish, and prevents them from sliding around while you clean them. works great.

nube
01-21-2008, 02:59 PM
I have a big plastic cutting board and it its over the sink. some slime gets on the counter as well as some blood and I wipe it down and then spray it with a Clorox dissinfecting spray and it kills the germs as well as leves a good smell in the air. It works great and it feels clean when you are done

Versatile
01-21-2008, 03:44 PM
I have a big plastic cutting board and it its over the sink. some slime gets on the counter as well as some blood and I wipe it down and then spray it with a Clorox dissinfecting spray and it kills the germs as well as leves a good smell in the air. It works great and it feels clean when you are done

X2

Drano
01-22-2008, 01:40 AM
Cleaned some perch on newspaper on sunday. Just take the sun open it up in the middle and clean away. I have not had any smell left behind after done cleaning the fish, and prevents them from sliding around while you clean them. works great.

be careful not to use the sunshine girl