PDA

View Full Version : To all you tika t3, zeiss conquest, limbsaver, barnes bullet people

Robmcleod82
10-03-2011, 09:52 PM
To all of those tika t3, zeiss conquest, limbsaver wearin, barnes bullet shooting, hoppes number 9 boresnake using people out there. This stuff is crap, your tikka will never be a sako, your zeiss will never be a leupold, your limbsaver will not make up for shooting a caliber you cant handle, your barnes will never bergers or hornady A-max, and just because you got hoppes number 9 and a bore snake for a stuffing stocker doesnt mean it works either, and dont even get me started on burris z rings.
Buy junk you get junk
and know you know the rest of the story
:fighting0030:

vcmm
10-03-2011, 09:56 PM
:party0052::sign0111:

catnthehat
10-03-2011, 09:59 PM
To all of those tika t3, zeiss conquest, limbsaver wearin, barnes bullet shooting, hoppes number 9 boresnake using people out there. This stuff is crap, your tikka will never be a sako, your zeiss will never be a leupold, your limbsaver will not make up for shooting a caliber you cant handle, your barnes will never bergers or hornady A-max, and just because you got hoppes number 9 and a bore snake for a stuffing stocker doesnt mean it works either, and dont even get me started on burris z rings.
Buy junk you get junk
:sHa_sarcasticlol::sHa_sarcasticlol::budo:
Cat

ducimus
10-03-2011, 10:01 PM
my rifle may cost less but it puts meat in my fridge the same as yours... i think someone was looking for a fight :argue2:

PoppaW
10-03-2011, 10:01 PM
Don't hold back, tell us how you really feel. Oh and I agree with you on... well... nothing!

Arn?Narn.
10-03-2011, 10:03 PM
who are you again?

elkhunter11
10-03-2011, 10:04 PM
:snapoutofit:

vcmm
10-03-2011, 10:05 PM
Rob; Are you really that bored???

Robmcleod82
10-03-2011, 10:07 PM
who are you again?

Im the guy who uses my real name and doesnt like junk
There can be only one

Robmcleod82
10-03-2011, 10:08 PM
Rob; Are you really that bored???

The nights are cold and long in zama and there is no whitetail here

vcmm
10-03-2011, 10:11 PM
AHH--- I see, Cold and no tail there

Straightgun
I'm guesing the OP has a sako with a leopold scope mounted on it chambered in a 25-06, and is ****ed off his sister that just out shot him with tikka t3 chambered in a 30-06 with a zeiss scope just called him a *****.

biggmac
I am happy for you Rob that you don't like junk. Now maybe time for you to keep your thoughts to yourself and shut your mouth before someone shuts it for you.

Rhino81
10-03-2011, 10:14 PM
Don't hold back, tell us how you really feel. Oh and I agree with you on... well... nothing!

X10000, what a joke.

Robmcleod82
10-03-2011, 10:14 PM
I am happy for you Rob that you don't like junk. Now maybe time for you to keep your thoughts to yourself and shut your mouth before someone shuts it for you.

Bigmac I exempt you from my rant because you own a cooper...NOT JUNK

Rhino81
10-03-2011, 10:17 PM
What's a Cooper.

Robmcleod82
10-03-2011, 10:18 PM
What's a Cooper.

seriously?

Elkaholic6
10-03-2011, 10:19 PM
What's a Cooper.

Over priced piece of metal :scared0018:

Rhino81
10-03-2011, 10:21 PM
seriously?

Ya, seriously. I shoot wetherby, look through vortex and ziess, and don't use bore snakes. Oh ya and have never heard of a Cooper. Is it like a mini Cooper. Not saying it's junk, because if I said that I would have to know what it was first.

Robmcleod82
10-03-2011, 10:29 PM
http://www.cooperfirearms.com/
And they come with a test target with a tiny little group printed on them

Big Daddy Badger
10-03-2011, 10:30 PM
Buy junk you get junk

Yeah....I remember my first beer.
Now...go to bed...you don't want to be late for school.

biggmac
10-03-2011, 10:34 PM
A Cooper rifle is expensive, I agree. But when there is no stock of a product, and the rifles are made to speck to the specific person who is ordering it, then would you not say you are getting somewhat of a custom made rifle?

catnthehat
10-03-2011, 10:35 PM
Buy junk you get junk

While you are at it you may as well add Sierra game Kings, Ruger No.1's, CZ shotguns, 2 3/4" shotgun shells, Mec loaders the .303 British, Savage match rifles, and peep sights!:sign0161:
Cat

Rhino81
10-03-2011, 10:35 PM
http://www.cooperfirearms.com/
And they come with a test target with a tiny little group printed on them

Ohhhhh, they are firearms. For a minute there I thought you were talking about tires, or a small car. Still never heard of this Cooper you speak of. My wetherby comes with a test target as well. I will bet that small little group looks a lot bigger than if you where to look at my group out of the accumark. Might have to google this Cooper you are talking about.

Arn?Narn.
10-03-2011, 10:36 PM
i shoot a sako AII Battue in 7mm-08 and it is mounted with a Leupold...3.5 -10x ,...used to be a leup 1.5-5x...

but speaking of quality,...it has a long lomg ways to go to catch up to the game taken with my 30-30 Marlin 336 RC made in 1956...(which still shoots as good as ever)

to each their own...

Arn?Narn.
10-03-2011, 10:39 PM
Ohhhhh, they are firearms. For a minute there I thought you were talking about tires, or a small car. Still never heard of this Cooper you speak of. My wetherby comes with a test target as well. I will bet that small little group looks a lot bigger than if you where to look at my group out of the accumark. Might have to google this Cooper you are talking about.

refreshing.... someone void of the cooper madness...

Rhino81
10-03-2011, 10:44 PM
refreshing.... someone void of the cooper madness...
I honestly have never heard of it LOL, are they a new company. Why was I not informed of this, must not have got the memo. Someone will lose there job over this one!!

Big Daddy Badger
10-03-2011, 11:31 PM
While you are at it you may as well add Sierra game Kings, Ruger No.1's, CZ shotguns, 2 3/4" shotgun shells, Mec loaders the .303 British, Savage match rifles, and peep sights!:sign0161:
Cat
NO!
Surely not...peep sights.....:(

32-40win
10-03-2011, 11:36 PM
Rhino, this is what a Cooper is;

http://www.danica.com/flytier/swilliams/coopers_bug.htm

PoppaW
10-03-2011, 11:52 PM
Rhino, this is what a Cooper is;

http://www.danica.com/flytier/swilliams/coopers_bug.htm

Not fat enough, sorry

elkhunter11
10-04-2011, 07:10 AM

A Cooper is just a better made, more accurate rifle than the Weatherby Accumark, and it comes with a 1/2" accuracy guarantee instead of that ridiculous 1-1/2" accuracy guarantee. Below are a couple of groups that I recently fired with one of my Coopers. The group on the left is five shots, and the group on the right is three shots, both fired at 100 yards.The rifle consistently puts five shots under 1/2", and three shot groups are often around 1/4".

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d128/stubblejumper11/260load.jpg

H380
10-04-2011, 07:43 AM
Buy junk you get junk

Who died and made you king ? LOL:snapoutofit:

gopher
10-04-2011, 10:13 AM
Buy junk you get junk

:shark:

jimbo1
10-04-2011, 10:23 AM

lol someone beat me to it! :)

Gilly
10-04-2011, 10:26 AM
Who is this idiot? I guess your high priced rig makes u a better hunter eh? enlighten us as to what u have then and why it is so much better than the rest? Sounds like u have some dad issues and the prozzak has run out!

:argue2:

gilly

rem338win
10-04-2011, 10:30 AM
Nifty. A guy that knows little, another kool-aid drinking Weatherby fan, Coopers some how made it into this, and the $300 gun crowd is crawling out o the wood work. This should be good.

gopher
10-04-2011, 10:48 AM
Who is this idiot? I guess your high priced rig makes u a better hunter eh? enlighten us as to what u have then and why it is so much better than the rest? Sounds like u have some dad issues and the prozzak has run out!

gilly

Hey Rob I think you got a bite. Fish On lol:sHa_sarcasticlol:

BigJon
10-04-2011, 10:48 AM
Nifty. A guy that knows little, another kool-aid drinking Weatherby fan, Coopers some how made it into this, and the $300 gun crowd is crawling out o the wood work. This should be good.

Lol

A classic internet forum gun discussion!

209x50
10-04-2011, 10:52 AM
Lol

A classic internet forum gun discussion!
Started in a classic troll fashion. LOL
I'm always amazed at how many takers these trolls get. LOL

Gilly
10-04-2011, 11:20 AM
The mod should close this one. pretty pointless.

gilly

Huntnut
10-04-2011, 11:32 AM

Thanks, I just spewed coffee on my computer. ROFLMAO

Jamie Black R/T
10-04-2011, 12:39 PM
man i own a 25-06 in the EXACT configuration the OP stated. :sHa_sarcasticlol:

coming from a credible source i may even rethink my choices of gear. but track records and all....i think ill continue killing animals with my T3/Conquest/Burris ringed piece of ****

LMAO

nice thread

gitrdun
10-04-2011, 12:55 PM

gilly

Actually, Rob is far from an idiot. Sure, someone might get an a tangent after a couple of wobly pops everyonce in a while, but when the smoke clears, he's a pretty decent guy. After only meeting him only once, he came to my help when I needed it. I can vouch for the fact that he can hold his own when it comes to shooting etc.

Squeeker
10-04-2011, 12:59 PM
And what's wrong with zee rings anyway?

Jamie Black R/T
10-04-2011, 01:05 PM
And what's wrong with zee rings anyway?

same thing that wrong with a tikka or a zeiss conquest....they dont cost enough :love0025:

colour86
10-04-2011, 01:08 PM
never thought i would see the day where any zeiss glass would be considered junk. i better take back my $1600 conquest binos, since obviously they are garbage :rolleye2:

some people amaze me

jimbo1
10-04-2011, 01:19 PM
i mustve been away when leupold made thier glass better than zeiss! whay has nobody told me??????/:sHa_sarcasticlol:

Lefty-Canuck
10-04-2011, 01:19 PM
Too funny....I love how Cooper and Weatherby get pulled into this....to each his own thats why when we go into a store we have options!

IMHO if you would have said Tasco instead of Zeiss I would agree with that part only lol :)

LC

303carbine
10-04-2011, 01:39 PM
Buy junk you get junk

One of the biggest moose I ever shot was with a 303 British jungle carbine, heavy lead up close with iron sights and it works in all weather conditions. I had a 7mm mag in camp, but the snow was blowing so hard that a scope was useless, so the little carbine was taken instead. If I had of brought the high tech stuff, my moose may have walked away because of a snow plugged scope. No high dollar rifle can make up for good old shooting skills.

huntmaster83
10-04-2011, 01:48 PM
To anyone who owns a T3 or Conquest and has now seen the light from Rob and wants to get rid of their "junk" please feel free to PM me. I will gladly add it to my ever growing junk collection free of charge, even pay for shipping! :sign0016:

Big Daddy Badger
10-04-2011, 02:05 PM
lol someone beat me to it! :)

Sorry Dude....
Did you remember to take a number?

Big Daddy Badger
10-04-2011, 02:07 PM
Thanks, I just spewed coffee on my computer. ROFLMAO

Probably needed a cleaning anyway...

jimbo1
10-04-2011, 02:10 PM
Sorry Dude....
Did you remember to take a number?

nah schoolboy error from me right there :sHa_sarcasticlol:

Badgoodguy
10-04-2011, 02:49 PM
So what we have expensive hunters and cheap hunters? All rifles will put meat in the freezer just depends on the shooter :)

I wonder if a $1000 lady of the evening is better then a $100 one :)

Steve in GP

P.S. I mostly shoot a T3 270 WSM and I love it.

Gilly
10-04-2011, 03:06 PM
lol. Ya good for u. Glad u can vouch for him adds alot of credibility. Better to remain quiet and thought a fool than to open yer mouth and remove all doubt.

cheers

gilly:sign0023:

DarkAisling
10-04-2011, 03:15 PM
lol. Ya good for u. Glad u can vouch for him adds alot of credibility. Better to remain quiet and thought a fool than to open yer mouth and remove all doubt.

cheers

:lol:

gitrdun is a fine gentleman (and I do mean gentleman). He is far from a fool . . . he's a wonderful host and a wealth of information. I've only been fortunate enough to spend one afternoon with him and his lovely wife (despite having what amounts to basically an open invitation extended to me), but I look forward to hopefully spending many more with them and learning everything I can.

Edit: And! He makes the BEST HOME BREW EVER!

What's wrong with my Zee rings?

gopher
10-04-2011, 03:27 PM

cheers

Classic do nothing couch riders crack me up. Just because his opinion is different than yours does not mean he is wrong. Or is your Opinion of a good rifle the only one that matters? Cost is not a factor in all things there are some great bargains out there rob my not be that far off in his post. Keep licking the window buddy someone is bound to let you in

Lefty-Canuck
10-04-2011, 03:36 PM
One thing I love is how people will stick up for a brand like they own the company! It seems there is nothing that gets under peoples skin faster than slamming one of their favorite brands....be it Ford, Chev....St. Croix, Sage....Cooper, Weatherby:scared: .....Yes I have been guilty of it too :)

Sometimes if you take a step back and actually look what you argue about and stick up for/against it's laughable at best.....if you can't laugh about it, then you just didn't get the joke yet.

Hmmmm...."Deep Thoughts" By Jack Handy comes to mind....

LC

gitrdun
10-04-2011, 03:42 PM

What's wrong with my Zee rings?

Nothing wrong with your Zee rings Shelley. It's just that Rob is a diehard Canuck and he leans more towards the Zed rings.....:sHa_sarcasticlol:

fordtruckin
10-04-2011, 03:47 PM
To bad we all didn't just have 1 brand scope, 1 brand rifle, 1 caliber, 1 cleaning solution, 1 type of ammo ect... Then they could charge even MORE $$$$ than they do and according to the OP it would be the best thing since Sliced bread! Afterall like he said more $$$$ OBVIOUSLY means its better quality!.. holy cow you sound like my sister in law!

DarkAisling
10-04-2011, 03:50 PM
Nothing wrong with your Zee rings Shelley. It's just that Rob is a diehard Canuck and he leans more towards the Zed rings.....:sHa_sarcasticlol:

At least they're holding a Leupold on a Sako. ;)

beansgunsghandi
10-04-2011, 03:53 PM
Buy junk you get junk

You talk a lot of smack Rob, you got game or are you just another internet poseur who thinks expensive toys equal actual skill? Did you just get outshot at the range by a T3, again?

I'll put my T3 with a Limbsaver shooting Barnes bullets down a bore cleaned with #9 up against your Sako, Leuopold, Hornady WTFs in any caliber 30-06 or larger, your choice. Since you're the one calling us out it's only fair I get to set the terms, and that would be: offhand at 100M, best group of 3 in 6 rounds wins. 200M bipod or front rest only, best group of 3 in six efforts. Hunting clothes, no pads or tight jackets/straps etc.

I figure I'm gonna lose as I'm not a great shot, but it'll be interesting to meet up and shoot a bit, and I'll win by learning something. Might even be convinced to buy a Sako if I get outshot. Best sporting behaviour even though this is the internet.

gopher
10-04-2011, 03:58 PM
You talk a lot of smack Rob, you got game or are you just another internet poseur who thinks expensive toys equal actual skill? Did you just get outshot at the range by a T3, again?

I'll put my T3 with a Limbsaver shooting Barnes bullets down a bore cleaned with #9 up against your Sako, Leuopold, Hornady WTFs in any caliber 30-06 or larger, your choice. Since you're the one calling us out it's only fair I get to set the terms, and that would be: offhand at 100M, best group of 3 in 6 rounds wins. 200M bipod or front rest only, best group of 3 in six efforts. Hunting clothes, no pads or tight jackets/straps etc.

I figure I'm gonna lose as I'm not a great shot, but it'll be interesting to meet up and shoot a bit, and I'll win by learning something. Might even be convinced to buy a Sako if I get outshot. Best sporting behaviour even though this is the internet.

Perfect another postal match who else is in ??? I will donate cash again

Gilly
10-04-2011, 04:00 PM
Classic do nothing couch riders crack me up. Just because his opinion is different than yours does not mean he is wrong. Or is your Opinion of a good rifle the only one that matters? Cost is not a factor in all things there are some great bargains out there rob my not be that far off in his post. Keep licking the window buddy someone is bound to let you in

Couch rider...... eh lol.

each to there own boys. over and out.

cheers

gilly

Rhino81
10-04-2011, 04:12 PM
So what we have expensive hunters and cheap hunters? All rifles will put meat in the freezer just depends on the shooter :)

I wonder if a $1000 lady of the evening is better then a $100 one :)

Steve in GP

P.S. I mostly shoot a T3 270 WSM and I love it.
The $1000 woman is better. I have a doctors note that will prove it.

gitrdun
10-04-2011, 04:19 PM
Perfect another postal match who else is in ??? I will donate cash again

cool, I'm in!

Robmcleod82
10-04-2011, 04:29 PM
Well you guys never fail to entertain me. The difference between me and many of you is that I recognize that my junk is junk. Junk can still be accurate. Does a savage shoot well yes they do are they a high quality fine firearm no they arnt. Would I put an out of the box weatherby up against a savage or Tika in regards to accuracy? Not a chance. Does an expensive gun make a person a better hunter not a chance, but an accurate one will probably help you out immensely. I love how people actually care what my opinion is here, but you know what they say about opinions they are like a certain bodily orifice everybody has one. You guys need to not worry so much about what other people think. Just wondering about the shooting challenge why 30-06 or bigger are you scared of my 6mm Remington? ;)

Bound2Fish
10-04-2011, 04:32 PM
Well you guys never fail to entertain me. The difference between me and many of you is that I recognize that my junk is junk. Junk can still be accurate. Does a savage shoot well yes they do are they a high quality fine firearm no they arnt. Would I put an out of the box weatherby up against a savage or Tika in regards to accuracy? Not a chance. Does an expensive gun make a person a better hunter not a chance, but an accurate one will probably help you out immensely. I love how people actually care what my opinion is here, but you know what they say about opinions they are like a certain bodily orifice everybody has one. You guys need to not worry so much about what other people think. Just wondering about the shooting challenge why 30-06 or bigger are you scared of my 6mm Remington? ;)

I think its belly buttons.

Robmcleod82
10-04-2011, 04:35 PM
One more question about the shooting challenge if you want to make it interesting how bout no variable scopes over 9 power magnification if it's going to be hunting calibers

gopher
10-04-2011, 04:53 PM
cool, I'm in!

I here cricket’s chirping how about you ?

catnthehat
10-04-2011, 04:57 PM
I here cricket’s chirping how about you ?
I'm in for a postal match - maybe I'll remember to enter this time!!!:budo:
Cat

gopher
10-04-2011, 05:07 PM
I'm in for a postal match - maybe I'll remember to enter this time!!!:budo:
Cat

Ok I will run it if no one has a problem with that. Let me right something up I do need one volunteer to take over in case I get sent away from home

Twisted Canuck
10-04-2011, 05:12 PM
:)Wow...what a thread. Just got in from work, started reading this and found it quite entertaining. And yet nobody said the obvious....

'Sorry about your penis.' :)

gitrdun
10-04-2011, 05:41 PM
Ok I will run it if no one has a problem with that. Let me right something up I do need one volunteer to take over in case I get sent away from home

That is superb gopher, I'm good with that. See, something good did materialize.

gitrdun
10-04-2011, 05:45 PM
:)Wow...what a thread. Just got in from work, started reading this and found it quite entertaining. And yet nobody said the obvious....

'Sorry about your penis.' :)

Of course you realize how that could be taken TC? I could, but I won't. lol

bmac
10-04-2011, 05:49 PM
like they say,
opinions are like rectums
everyone has one.

Twisted Canuck
10-04-2011, 06:20 PM
Of course you realize how that could be taken TC? I could, but I won't. lol

One word...."compensation".

It's the only way to take it.....:sHa_sarcasticlol:

Traps
10-04-2011, 06:20 PM
There are those that shoot Barnes and those that don't know any better.

Grizzly Adams
10-04-2011, 06:34 PM
Im the guy who uses my real name and doesnt like junk
There can be only one

Well, apparently there are at least 82 of you. :D Fight with the wife and you lost Again :lol:?

Robmcleod82
10-04-2011, 06:40 PM
No grizzly I know better than to fight with the wife that is one battle that can never be won. Trying to beat a lawyer in an argument is kind of pointless, they go to school for 8 years learning to turn your words against you lol

Arn?Narn.
10-04-2011, 06:45 PM
Im a better shot than many people here, certainly better than rob, so what's this all about? Am I gonna drive to med hat or calgary or lloyd to prove it? Nope.

I get a kick out of guys who think they are good and then sit down with them and they cant hit a coke can at 500 yrds much less a deer @750 plus...

My shooting ability is well known throughout the Peace by those in the know,,,

Just cause I don't go to these shooting outings, dont think yer something ...

I don't have anything to prove,...the proof is in the pudding and the pudding is dead animals and punched out targets...

gopher
10-04-2011, 06:53 PM
Im a better shot than many people here, certainly better than rob, so what's this all about? Am I gonna drive to med hat or calgary or lloyd to prove it? Nope.

I get a kick out of guys who think they are good and then sit down with them and they cant hit a coke can at 500 yrds much less a deer @750 plus...

I don't have anything to prove,...the proof is in the pudding and the pudding is dead animals and punched out targets...

Match will be held through the mail LOL

flint guy
10-04-2011, 06:56 PM
Some of us are sensitive people, you should have warned me to cover my eyes before I read this thread.

Robmcleod82
10-04-2011, 06:58 PM
Arn I dont believe I ever claimed to be a better shooter than anybody on here, and for sure I never claimed to be better than you. But why dont you have some fun with the rest of the brave men on here and do the postal shoot that Gopher is putting together, I have a lot more respect for people that will actually go out and try than sit and tell the world how good they are (until your last post I have never heard you claim to be a great marksmen either and your youtube video was good) I would say if you claim to be a better shot than me you at least owe it to yourself and me to prove that. Ive never gone to any of the shooting outings either. Ill even be a good sport about it if you beat me ill by you a bottle of screech ;)

fluxcore
10-04-2011, 07:05 PM

How well known? have you entered in any shooting comps, placed well? if not trust me your not well known at all :snapoutofit:I get a kick out of guys that just simply think there great without really proving it, theres some incredible shooters here in Alberta. I'm sure you have no problem punching holes in paper and dropping some animals but until you put your skills out there and competed throwing out a bunch of numbers don't mean jack

Arn?Narn.
10-04-2011, 07:38 PM
Arn I dont believe I ever claimed to be a better shooter than anybody on here, and for sure I never claimed to be better than you. But why dont you have some fun with the rest of the brave men on here and do the postal shoot that Gopher is putting together, I have a lot more respect for people that will actually go out and try than sit and tell the world how good they are (until your last post I have never heard you claim to be a great marksmen either and your youtube video was good) I would say if you claim to be a better shot than me you at least owe it to yourself and me to prove that. Ive never gone to any of the shooting outings either. Ill even be a good sport about it if you beat me ill by you a bottle of screech ;)

For cripes sake,,,, why is it you can get everyone riled up in a post, but I can;t seem to do it !!!!!!!:argue2::argue2::argue2: lololol

I'm no competition for the guys who frequent these forums,...however I will drink beer and watch !!! :sHa_shakeshout:

Arn?Narn.
10-04-2011, 07:40 PM
How well known? have you entered in any shooting comps, placed well? if not trust me your not well known at all :snapoutofit:I get a kick out of guys that just simply think there great without really proving it, theres some incredible shooters here in Alberta. I'm sure you have no problem punching holes in paper and dropping some animals but until you put your skills out there and competed throwing out a bunch of numbers don't mean jack

I was just teasing...

I will shoot to 700 yrds max...and that aint gophers !!!! lol

robert._j
10-04-2011, 07:57 PM
Wonder which fills a freezer quicker tikka,sako,browning or remington?

beansgunsghandi
10-04-2011, 07:58 PM

The kinda funny thing here is that we're actually on the same page I think--I thought you were one of those, "I have an expensive gun and you've only got a Tikka" kinda guys. Or maybe you are, I don't know, but I've got a Savage Edge in .243 if we're going smaller and Savage, and an even cheaper .22. if it's going to be a contest of cheapest gun that can hit the paper wins. I figured that because were dissing the Limbsaver's so you must be shooting some big calibre without them. Anyhow, looking forward to the shoot, and be more fun in person to keep with the sporting idea but mail-in OK too. And I don't know anything about shooting competitions at all.

Robmcleod82
10-04-2011, 08:00 PM
Ahh come on Arn do the postal match lol sorry I missed your sarcasm lol

wwbirds
10-04-2011, 08:27 PM
Just needs to be upgraded to the Burris Zee rings but I have those on almost all my rifles so we can fix that easily.
You should use it in the postal match.

http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showthread.php?t=106718

Robmcleod82
10-04-2011, 08:36 PM
Good job boys now that got me laughing, I may get beat by a tika but i could never bring myself to owning one lol

dadof5
10-04-2011, 08:44 PM
Really? this is a thread taking up space on the world wide web? Seriously where are the mods these days!

Rman
10-04-2011, 10:07 PM
This stuff cracks me up. You get what you pay for. Always the bottom line. The better one gets at anything, the better gear they will want. Why? Because sooner or later, they come to realize that their gear is holding them back. This is why Lance Armstrong doesn't ride a $199.99 bike from Wal-Mart, or Tiger Woods doesn't golf with clubs from the clearance rack at Golf Town, and why I won't shoot a Salvage, or Mossburg, or some other ungodly cheap POS rilfe. The crowd that claims that their Salvage, or POS of the day, shoots as well as a high dollar custom, simply doesn't shoot enough to know any better. Anyone can put meat in the freezer with pretty much anything that shoots a bullet. If that's your deal, then give 'er. But don't tell me your rifle is better, just because it's cheaper. It's not! Really! It just isn't. And you cheap ***** scope is in the same boat as well. And yes, your bullets too. Shooting Barnes bullets does not anyone a sniper, or a better shot. Unless you do all of your shooting from the couch, while surfing the web.

R.

Big Daddy Badger
10-05-2011, 01:12 AM
Wonder which fills a freezer quicker tikka,sako,browning or remington?

Depends on how fast you are driving the truck...:scared0018:

catnthehat
10-05-2011, 07:05 AM
This stuff cracks me up. You get what you pay for. Always the bottom line. The better one gets at anything, the better gear they will want. Why? Because sooner or later, they come to realize that their gear is holding them back. This is why Lance Armstrong doesn't ride a $199.99 bike from Wal-Mart, or Tiger Woods doesn't golf with clubs from the clearance rack at Golf Town, and why I won't shoot a Salvage, or Mossburg, or some other ungodly cheap POS rilfe. The crowd that claims that their Salvage, or POS of the day, shoots as well as a high dollar custom, simply doesn't shoot enough to know any better. Anyone can put meat in the freezer with pretty much anything that shoots a bullet. If that's your deal, then give 'er. But don't tell me your rifle is better, just because it's cheaper. It's not! Really! It just isn't. And you cheap ***** scope is in the same boat as well. And yes, your bullets too. Shooting Barnes bullets does not anyone a sniper, or a better shot. Unless you do all of your shooting from the couch, while surfing the web.

R.
Team Savage is doing quite well on the match circuit for the last few years and doing it with factory rifles.

As far as hunting rifles go , I'm fairly certain most people won't shoot one any better with a high dollar rifle when they are in the woods than if they were shooting a less expensive rifle.

Cat

noelb
10-05-2011, 07:16 AM
Yeah!! 30-30's gay. Whoever heard of puttin' deer in the freezer with that old iron sighted $300.00 rarely cleaned piece of crap. I'm going to sell the house so I can gut shoot (poach) a diseased scrawny old mule doe with $100.00 ammunition through my $2000.00 eurotrash 4 thousand odd ten cal. super rifle topped with 40 power hand ground german crystal. :bad_boys_20:

MK2750
10-05-2011, 08:19 AM
R.

What cracks me up is folks on the city bike trails with $3000 bikes thinking they are Lance Armstrong and duffers with $4000 golf clubs thinking they are Tiger Woods.

209x50
10-05-2011, 08:35 AM
What cracks me up is folks on the city bike trails with $3000 bikes thinking they are Lance Armstrong and duffers with $4000 golf clubs thinking they are Tiger Woods.
You know I'm guessing you don't have to be one of the elite to appreciate and enjoy quality.

MK2750
10-05-2011, 08:55 AM
You know I'm guessing you don't have to be one of the elite to appreciate and enjoy quality.

No one enjoys nice things more than I. I just don't let it go to my head.

Practice, practice and more practise makes you a better shooter, biker, golfer etc. A better game can not be bought, it has to be earned.

In spite of the advantsment in golf clubs, the handy cap of the weekend golfer hasn't changed for 100 years. The courses are getting longer but you can expect a decent lie on nearly every shot so IMO they play easier.

I am sure the same can be said for every other sport including the shooting sports.

Jamie Black R/T
10-05-2011, 09:25 AM
its funny...i had a HS precision last year

sticker price was 2800 bones...and i felt like a douche every single time somebody asked me what i paid for it

i felt like a douche every single time it shot a 3" group at 100m (way too much load developement required)

in the end i got it shooting nice and killed some critters with it.

but i sold it after one season and got most of my money back....then used the cash to buy two rifles WITH glass in the junk category.

Im definently happy with my junk. LOL

joeya
10-05-2011, 10:05 AM
As far as hunting rifles go , I'm fairly certain most people won't shoot one any better with a high dollar rifle when they are in the woods than if they were shooting a less expensive rifle.

Cat

Well put, I would have to agree.

elkhunter11
10-05-2011, 01:52 PM

+1

Lefty-Canuck
10-05-2011, 01:56 PM

No but you just have to fit the part and "act" elite....:scared0018:

I remember not that long ago being in WSS and a guy comes in wearing ALL Winchester branded clothing, jacket, etc.....I was talking to an employee at the time and the guy interrupted looking for a Winchester hat, Winchester Ear-Muffs....and Winchester shooting glasses....it was a BIT over the top....My guess is he has a Winchester trap or skeet gun..... :)

LC

Crossfire
10-05-2011, 02:14 PM

This Explains Robs Anger haha

elkhunter11
10-05-2011, 04:52 PM
I remember not that long ago being in WSS and a guy comes in wearing ALL Winchester branded clothing, jacket, etc.....I was talking to an employee at the time and the guy interrupted looking for a Winchester hat, Winchester Ear-Muffs....and Winchester shooting glasses....it was a BIT over the top....My guess is he has a Winchester trap or skeet gun.....

It would be hard to imagine seeing any companies name and emblem more than Browning. I see more Browning clothing than anything else, and their emblems are on vehicles and just about everything else than that you can think of, including tattoos.

Lefty-Canuck
10-05-2011, 04:56 PM
It would be hard to imagine seeing any companies name and emblem more than Browning. I see more Browning clothing than anything else, and their emblems are on vehicles and just about everything else than that you can think of, including tattoos.

You know....it could have very well been Browning...I am not a fan of either I mentioned so I didn't really take notice. All I did notice is this guy was decked out head to toe and looking for more matching garb.

LC

Arn?Narn.
10-05-2011, 06:49 PM
You know....it could have very well been Browning...I am not a fan of either I mentioned so I didn't really take notice. All I did notice is this guy was decked out head to toe and looking for more matching garb.

LC

I am far more fashionable in my head to toe Sitka (an no, I don't wear bibs)

$$$$$$$$$$$

Big Daddy Badger
10-06-2011, 01:25 AM
Well put, I would have to agree.

Yup.
Most half decent rifles don't miss anything....the shooter didn't miss first.

rapidpsychler
02-13-2012, 09:44 PM
Sounds like somebody just spent too much money.... Have a great time buddy!!

Ice Fishing Maniac
02-14-2012, 08:16 AM

TOO FUNNY!!!:sHa_sarcasticlol:

Boxer-O
02-14-2012, 11:58 AM
Nothing wrong with your Zee rings Shelley. It's just that Rob is a diehard Canuck and he leans more towards the Zed rings.....

Bahhaha
x2

ShawnM
02-14-2012, 12:12 PM
http://memecreator.net/the-most-interesting-man-in-the-world/showimage.php/253/I-dont-always-resurrect-dead-threads-But-when-I-do,--I-post-something-stupid.jpg

panwojciech
02-14-2012, 04:00 PM
[I wonder if a $1000 lady of the evening is better then a $100 one :)

Steve in GP

[/QUOTE]

Where can I find the one for $100?:thinking-006:

wally338
02-14-2012, 05:07 PM
Where can I find the one for $100?:thinking-006:[/QUOTE]

Regina Saskatchewan :sHa_shakeshout:

domxyz
02-14-2012, 05:32 PM
so how about them Vancouver canuck eh ?

Okotokian
02-14-2012, 05:39 PM
Buy junk you get junk

Chip on shoulder + alcohol =

LOL