PDA

View Full Version : Info on Gull lake

Tinman
01-22-2008, 12:41 PM
I have never fished Gull Lake and was hoping to go there this weekend. Is it worth my time to go and does anyone have info on where to go on the lake. I was hoping to find the perch and pike and stay late and get into some burbot action. Any help is great or should I try another lake I'm coming from cowtown.

Thanks the Tinman

jefferson
01-22-2008, 05:19 PM
Was there on Saturday; we saw a bunch of whites, a couple pike, and a few burbs. I'm not sure about the classic "late night burbot bite", as I've never really experienced it, but the burbot were biting fairly well on Saturday at Brownlows- that's where I'd start. Take Hwy 2 north, then go west on Hwy 12 (Lacombe is east of this over-pass). About 10 clicks west, go past the summer village of Gull Lake, take 2 90 degree turns, and Brownlow's is on the right hand side, about a half-mile from the last 90-degree turn. I'm not sure if it's marked, but the road would be the one you'd take to go to Camp Silversides- perhaps there's someone out there who knows if it's marked or not. Head out on the lake, just north of the large group of huts is where we set up. Best of luck!

Soiler
01-22-2008, 08:18 PM
Don't know 'bout the burbot in gull but the whites were hitting well on sat.
2nd bay down on the west side of the lake in about 8ft of water.They were taking yellow floss wire worms.Goodluck to ya!

jrs
01-22-2008, 08:57 PM
I tried fishing after dark and didn't get a single hit last weekend. Caught one late afternoon but the sun was still very much up. Felt lonely out on there in the dark, no one else was dumb enough to stick around with the -25 degree temps :lol: .

Soiler
01-22-2008, 09:32 PM
I've always had the best luck with older minnows as bait for the burbs. U know , the ones you thaw & froze again after a couple of days fishing.

Tinman
01-23-2008, 07:49 AM
Thanks for the info dont know if I will make it up there now as the wife has changed my plans for the weekend might have to stick closer to cowtown I might try Eagle and see what happens any one been out there this year?

Drano
01-24-2008, 02:21 AM
Gull Lake jan. 24th

Father in Law is up there and he said the whites are hitting big time. I am hoping to get up there on saturday.

Have a great day everyone...