PDA

View Full Version : Best place to get boat winterized?...

perchie15
10-05-2011, 09:58 AM
Just wondering where most of you guys n gals tak ur boat into? To put it away for winter..??

Hunter Trav
10-05-2011, 11:10 AM
Do it yourself, its not that hard to do, and a lot cheaper than taking it somewhere to have it done. Search youtube for videos on how to do it...

HunterDave
10-05-2011, 12:10 PM
If it's an outboard it is very easy and takes me less than 1/2 hour to do. If it's an inboard it's a little more complicated but doable if you are handy. I heard that Echo Marine in Alberta Beach was charging over $500 to winterize an inboard.....yikes!

Rainbow
10-05-2011, 01:49 PM
Give Tournament Ski and Marine a call in Acheson.(780)962-1201.
Very good and I am happy with their service.
Rainbow

Stewie
10-05-2011, 01:52 PM
Outboards are pretty straight forward to do it yourself...

If not try Jab's just South of Pigeon Lake...

hiddenwalleye
10-06-2011, 10:16 AM
It may look easy enough to do yourself :snapoutofit: but do you really want to deal with a Frozen Stern or all the other things that might happen and then have a huge bill in the spring :mad: and get your boat out a month or 2 after everyone else is on the water :sad0125:, spend a little in the fall and have it done RIGHT.!!!

# 1 place to go for my money, SHIPWRECK MARINE.!!

Ask for Dan or Pat and they GET IT RIGHT FOR YOU.:character0053:!!!...

Tight Lines

HW

perchie15
10-06-2011, 10:37 AM
Yeah thing is it's under warranty still to so. An last year all I did was dump gear oil and put fuel stabilizer in it..

TrollGRG
10-08-2011, 11:27 AM
My place to go would be "Budget ATV" in Edmonton. Cheaper than the rest, do great work and you get it back quicker than anyone else.

I wouldn't even consider anyone else for any outboard work.

mszomola
10-08-2011, 01:02 PM
Winterizing is easy ,

Gear oil for lower end , rust inhibitor and away you go . Dont pay some ******* to do it for $200 , it's childsplay , if you want you can also run marine safe antifreeze in your lines and live wells .

Storage is the big deal here . If you want to leave it outside things have a good chance of breaking with our hot winters ....

Dacotensis
10-09-2011, 09:00 PM
I'm with EZM on this one.
I'm sure I said it before too. Those guys can bite me!

Do it your self.
It is childs play, plus you get to hear the throaty roar of the 130 echoing off the garage walls. More play!
The fogging that spreads around the yard also gets rid of any bugs that want to make your grass their home for the winter. Ha!
Do you really want to get ripped off?
DIY
DAC