PDA

View Full Version : Separate license for NSR?????

italk2u
10-06-2011, 09:54 AM
That's just one of the proposed topics of discussion tonight at:
7:00pm to 10:00pm at
The Old Log Cabin
50 Spruce Avenue
Sherwood Park
SRD is holding a "public meeting" on proposed changes to the fishing regs in 2012. Requiring a separate license to fish the North saskatchewan is just one of them.
Be there or forever hold your peace.

HighWildnFree
10-06-2011, 10:07 AM
I dont fish the nsr at all, but I cant for the life of me figger out why this would be. Its faaaar from any kind of trophy river lol. Lookin for more cash maybe? All the power to em if this is the case. Id fully support fishin licenses and huntin licenses skyrocketing in price if it meant more/better enforcement and education for new hunters/anglers.

italk2u
10-06-2011, 10:10 AM
I dont fish the nsr at all, but I cant for the life of me figger out why this would be. Its faaaar from any kind of trophy river lol. Lookin for more cash maybe? All the power to em if this is the case. Id fully support fishin licenses and huntin licenses skyrocketing in price if it meant more/better enforcement and education for new hunters/anglers.

And if you think that's ever gonna happen, then i want some of what you're smoking:bad_boys_20:

Jayhad
10-06-2011, 01:07 PM
Id fully support fishin licenses and huntin licenses skyrocketing in price if it meant more/better enforcement and education for new hunters/anglers.

100% AGREE, but until they remove license fees from general revenue it's a moot point..... BC's system isn't without flaws, it's light years ahead of our system, but they sure have money to support their pellet fed stocker program (read triploids) and it is a direct result of the moneys from fishing & hunting going directly to F&W for management

maybe if we did that the province would have enough cash for a bass lake, with a huge net incompassing the area so none can escape :sHa_sarcasticlol:

BGSH
10-06-2011, 01:13 PM
really, special licence for the n.s.r well this is going to push all the n.s.r fishers to other areas that have lighter presure and put a heavy strain on other areas wont it?

cranky
10-06-2011, 01:14 PM
For a minute there i thought it was April 1st.
How did you find out about it? Nothing on there website!

steve
10-06-2011, 01:15 PM
Did they give any reasoning for this?

italk2u
10-06-2011, 01:53 PM
For a minute there i thought it was April 1st.
How did you find out about it? Nothing on there website!

I found out about in the monthly newsletter from the Edmonton trout club.
THEY found out about in a notice from SRD last Tuesday.
Heaven forbid a "public meeting" should actually become public. Then they'd have to listen to more than one person speak against it:argue2:

Walleye101
10-06-2011, 03:16 PM
Here's an idea. Let's talk about getting rid of the current regulations and adopting the Saskatchewan and Manitoba regulations. Alberta laws are completely bass ackwards.:fighting0030:

conehead
10-06-2011, 10:18 PM
I agree with Walleye101,,,and on a side note the chances of seeing a fish cop in saskatchewan is about the same as being struck by lightning, They could learn a little from Alberta..

Kim473
10-07-2011, 05:53 AM
This is just a leed into a differant licence for every lake and river. If it is true then its just a cash grab, like any other gov. idea. Just what we need is more rules and regs to make more complications.