PDA

View Full Version : new a5 browning

GOPHERSPLAT
10-08-2011, 09:41 PM
hi,
thought id just sling this out into fray to rid myself of the newbie status.

just seen that browning are/have re-done the a5 auto. not sure if i like the "hump" or not. of more concern is that its inertia driven,why when its pretty universal that browning make solid gas autos would they ponce about with inertia? my first thoughts are that benelli now have a bigger slice of the auto pie.

gotta say thanks to all the posters on this forum,you've been my reference library for some time. :cheers:

xwe666
10-09-2011, 07:04 AM
That is nice,I always like those a5

M70
10-09-2011, 10:04 AM
I used to have a Remington 11-48 which was built on the A5 patent. A couple of things I remember about that shotgun was that the recoil came at you in two stages. It was a strange bump-BUMP and the recoil was pretty considerable without a whole lot to soak it up. The long spring could get pretty gummed up if you didn't do regular maintenance on it.

I wonder if the internal action on the new one is going to be the same as the previous version. I don't know if they are intending to take away much market share away from Benelli. I would think that it's going to be bought up by hunters who feel a bit nostalgic for the old walnut and blued shotguns that were used by their dads and grandpas.