PDA

View Full Version : bow river madness

Eddy62
10-09-2011, 08:42 AM
40691was on bow river with guide yesterday and slammed trout.caught this huge brown trout and over 30 more rainbows 20 to 24 inches rainbows fighting mad as they were clearing water at every moment..great time ,great day to fish.....back at it tomorrow for some more fun..........

Fordman150
10-09-2011, 10:59 AM
awesome day!!! what are they eating??

Smasher
10-09-2011, 11:26 AM
Nice fish!Glad you had a good day.:sHa_shakeshout:

Rick.
10-09-2011, 11:29 AM
Sounds like quite a day. The Bow isn't often that forth-giving so a day you'll remember for sure.
Still waiting for your Shuswap report. Hope you did well there too. Rick.

BobLoblaw
10-09-2011, 12:39 PM
Sweet brown!

Eddy62
10-09-2011, 01:43 PM
Sounds like quite a day. The Bow isn't often that forth-giving so a day you'll remember for sure.
Still waiting for your Shuswap report. Hope you did well there too. Rick.hey rick. the shuswap wasnt that great this time around alot off rain managed to get in boat 1 time caught 2 trout and a couple squaw fish which my brother loved,,,, haha, came back to calgary and fished pcr and mcgregor and than hit up the bow..40704 heres a pic of my bro with his squaw he loves this fish,,, lol i let him have his moment..

Rick.
10-09-2011, 02:15 PM
Oh well that's life when your fishing eh? Interested to know how it went at McGregor. I went there last Monday and only caught six fish all afternoon. Four nice walleye and two dinky pike. Not sure where the walleye are hiding on me. Never found a decent school at all. When I marked fish it was like one, sometimes two and that was it. Even tried trolling with crank baits and not a bite. I've read lots of articles saying fall walleye fishing is great but hasn't been that way for me. Could just be me but I've had good success at McGregor this year and felt bummed out when I left there on Monday. I was fishing about a mile or two north of highway 531 bridge. Rick.

e40water12
10-09-2011, 05:05 PM
Nice catch

bow river trout hunter
10-10-2011, 01:58 AM
hey rick. the shuswap wasnt that great this time around alot off rain managed to get in boat 1 time caught 2 trout and a couple squaw fish which my brother loved,,,, haha, came back to calgary and fished pcr and mcgregor and than hit up the bow..40704 heres a pic of my bro with his squaw he loves this fish,,, lol i let him have his moment..

I was fishing in therain on our last trip to the Shushwap and all we caught was this little fella!
http://i766.photobucket.com/albums/xx302/scarlier/Fishing/shushwapspringsalmon1.jpg

slivers86
10-10-2011, 05:20 AM
I was fishing in therain on our last trip to the Shushwap and all we caught was this little fella!
http://i766.photobucket.com/albums/xx302/scarlier/Fishing/shushwapspringsalmon1.jpg

A few monsters in the lake, but few and far between now days. Always had best luck out towards copper. Seems to be a good area of the lake. As a kid, I normally fished just the edge of the triangle outside of town, from shore or a small 14ft aluminum. Always caught atleast a squa a day there. Ahhh the patience of being a kid!

Eddy62
10-10-2011, 08:38 AM
A few monsters in the lake, but few and far between now days. Always had best luck out towards copper. Seems to be a good area of the lake. As a kid, I normally fished just the edge of the triangle outside of town, from shore or a small 14ft aluminum. Always caught atleast a squa a day there. Ahhh the patience of being a kid!

nice salmon ive caught them in there. (not that big though ) too bad we could not keep them..what an awesome fish fill alot off jars in my pressure cooker with that hog holy..congrats .... I haft to start fishing mable more so i can try to catch that hog..maybe nexts years derby..