PDA

View Full Version : Insulated/waterproof gloves for fishing

buckmasterjr
10-09-2011, 06:52 PM
Is there any sort of insulated/waterproof gloves that are good for fishing uses?My hands were frozen today fishing in the early morning.

nick0danger
10-09-2011, 07:03 PM
https://www.sealsactiongear.com/catalog/store/comersus_viewItem.asp?idProduct=176

FishingFrenzy
10-09-2011, 07:28 PM
https://www.sealsactiongear.com/catalog/store/comersus_viewItem.asp?idProduct=176

X2, Heard great things about these gloves.

If your okay with a little less comfort I would go with a pair of the soft buckskin ones from WSS or Peavy Mart. Those are waterproof and also warm enough, but not hot.

Dust1n
10-09-2011, 08:05 PM
Is there any sort of insulated/waterproof gloves that are good for fishing uses?My hands were frozen today fishing in the early morning.

Go 2 BPS & CHECK THE F1Y SH0P
They got some nice pairs there they should be on the right side when you walk into the shop

Eddy62
10-12-2011, 09:03 AM
https://www.sealsactiongear.com/catalog/store/comersus_viewItem.asp?idProduct=176i am going to look at these gloves today i am hoping they are warm..and have decent grip for fish.

ORV
10-12-2011, 09:13 AM
cool. let us know
i ordered some ice armour ones last year.
they did not survive the hand warming over the fire ice fishing.lol

cube
10-12-2011, 12:13 PM
Personally I have been using neoprene gloves that I got at the fishing hole for $9.00. They are warm and wind/water proof. They also do not lose their insulating qualities when wet. I do remove one glove when handling a fish, as I like to catch pike, because the smelly slime thing I feel would get to me eventually. Though I'm sure the slime would wash off the neoprene glove just fine.

Eddy62
10-12-2011, 01:31 PM
cool. let us know
i ordered some ice armour ones last year.
they did not survive the hand warming over the fire ice fishing.lol

hey orv i looked at those gloves at 50 dollars i passed on it, i tried them on and when i pulled them tight there was still an inch hanging over my fingers that creates a problem for me.very thin gloves i dont think they would be warm even with light gloves underneath. i asked at store if they had a warmth rating and no one could answer me so i left. waterproof they would be great, so i bought some neoprene gloves at wss 22 bucks, they fit nice and tight,warm doubt it but will figure something out..but i have been saying that for 10 years, lol take care.

BeeGuy
10-12-2011, 03:18 PM
Ya, but how was the fishing???

slivers86
10-12-2011, 03:19 PM
went to WSS and got a nice set of gloves today, water resistant, and lightly insulated for around 25$. There is a sale on all camo items... 30% off

jts1
10-12-2011, 03:22 PM
What kind of gloves were the ice armour. I got a pair last year for ice fishing, they are water proof and sometimes too warm. Never been cold or wet. Can take a pic if someone wants to know what they are

Jwood 456
10-12-2011, 05:20 PM
There are some slightly insulated gloves that they sell at Walmart. The foamy material on the palm of the glove would rip right away though, which then water would get through the gloves.

great white whaler
10-12-2011, 10:57 PM
use to fish of the east coast in the fall years ago ,,all we ever used was white cotton gloves,they fit nice and tight and you can get the things wet and your hands stay warm