PDA

View Full Version : Marmish Ice Fishing Rods?

Rockymtnx
01-23-2008, 03:02 PM
Just wondering if anyone has used one of these before. I have seen a few people using them before but never had any feedback on them.
Being a super sensitive rod I think they would be good for perch.

https://www.marmish.ca/images_marmish/items/Rod-400017F.jpg

Alberta Bigbore
01-23-2008, 03:08 PM
love em, have 2 of them i started to use last year, and have 2 more i bought still in packaging waiting to be taken out. really notice they shine when not in a tent for perch, trout and whitefish, you can actually detect a whitefish inhaling a wireworm with this rod.

now if i would stop being a workoholic and actually go icefishing, i could dust them off:D

chuck0039
01-23-2008, 03:11 PM
Where do you find those??? I have talked to a few people who have them and they swear by them, wouldn't mind picking one up for myself to try.

Rockymtnx
01-23-2008, 03:33 PM
love em, have 2 of them i started to use last year, and have 2 more i bought still in packaging waiting to be taken out. really notice they shine when not in a tent for perch, trout and whitefish, you can actually detect a whitefish inhaling a wireworm with this rod.
now if i would stop being a workoholic and actually go icefishing, i could dust them off:D

Well you sold me Alberta Bigbore. My wife is going to be ticked at you! :D

gube
01-23-2008, 03:38 PM
I have two of them as well. I think they are great for ice fishing. You can feel the tiniest nibbles.

Alberta Bigbore
01-23-2008, 03:41 PM
Where do you find those??? I have talked to a few people who have them and they swear by them, wouldn't mind picking one up for myself to try.

they usually sell out early in the season. fishin holes, and wholesale sports. or order directly from Marmish. Octane also loves these rods, he got me into them, i used to always make fun of them, calling them tent pegs.

you dont reel fish in, you hand line them. great for shallowwater panfish, whiteifsh, and with heavy line, pike, LOL

Rockymtnx
01-23-2008, 03:52 PM

When I first seen them I seen them @ Wholesale Sports, The Fishin Hole, and the Edmonton Boat & Sportsman show.
I can't find them on the Wholesale website right now, but that doesn't mean they don't carry them.
On the Fishin Hole website they are listed for $21.95

Rockymtnx
01-23-2008, 04:00 PM
great for shallowwater panfish, whiteifsh, and with heavy line, pike, LOL

Just as I was thinking. The ideal rod for Pigeon Lake or Gull Lake, Perch and Whitefish.

SNAPFisher
01-23-2008, 05:02 PM
I used them for about 2 years exclusively. Then I got an underwater camera. I enjoy watching the fish much more than watching the tip of a marmish rod....but that is just me :D

TexasTornado
01-23-2008, 05:23 PM
I've never used one but i got my brother one for X-Mas and he seems to like it

knight hunter
01-23-2008, 07:32 PM
I saw some in The fishing Hole in edmonton a couple of weeks ago. Pricey little devils tho.

JackBauerHunter
01-23-2008, 08:13 PM
Hey Rocky,

I've got one, had it for the past 2 years. I use mine quite regularly on gull, pigeon, etc...and it is a good little toy, but I also have been fishing with a camera, which may negate the strike sensitivity. Not that I can say I've been catching whites at all (no matter what I try), but have pulled in a few perch with it. Definitely more sensitive than my ice rod, I bet it would be great outside of the tent. Fishing Hole Soutshide had a knock off version last time I was there (1 week ago).

Rockymtnx
01-23-2008, 09:28 PM
Hey Rocky,

I've got one, had it for the past 2 years. I use mine quite regularly on gull, pigeon, etc...and it is a good little toy, but I also have been fishing with a camera, which may negate the strike sensitivity. Not that I can say I've been catching whites at all (no matter what I try), but have pulled in a few perch with it. Definitely more sensitive than my ice rod, I bet it would be great outside of the tent. Fishing Hole Soutshide had a knock off version last time I was there (1 week ago).

Yeah I am using a camera too. I just figure you can't ever have enough hunting & fishing gagets.
I think they might work good for open water perch in the summer.

kostianych
02-11-2009, 11:39 AM
hi guys...which MARMISH lures would you recommend for whitefish?
thanks

fishunter77
02-11-2009, 10:11 PM
They work great for trout and perch. I have 2 and love them. Don't use the spool as a drag.

Excellent sensitivity.

Alberta Bigbore
02-12-2009, 04:51 AM
hi guys...which MARMISH lures would you recommend for whitefish?
thanks

i personally dont care for the actual lures made by them for whitefish...... but do like to use them for trout in the stocked ponds/lakes.... the odd use for perch but not often

Sundancefisher
02-12-2009, 08:05 AM

If they have been in the package to long you may have experienced plastic oxidation between the the rod and the packaging. Send them down to me and I will take them out of the package and recondition them over the remaining winter months. They will be as good as new!

No charge!

Sun

Alex K
02-12-2009, 01:55 PM
I had a few of these sent to me as samples several years ago to field test them. I purposely went to pine armed with just the rods and a few of their small jigs and a bag of maggots. I could not believe how well they worked, I was detecting bites on 3 inch perch and landing them. It was crazy how sensitive these rods are. Since then I always have 2 pre rigged in my tackle box for ice fishing. Even with the camera it is just easy to pack them in the box and that way if I am jigging for burbs or pike and the whites or perch start moving in it is a quick switch.

Alex Kreis

kostianych
02-15-2009, 08:40 PM
ok guys :)
can anybody tell me which marmish lures (or any other) are best for white fish (lake and mountain), perch, trout (lakers, rainbow and others)....
thanks a lot...
ps: pictures will help :))))