PDA

View Full Version : Reminton 870 Choke

spuddd
10-10-2011, 05:15 PM
I have a 870 wingmaster with full choke however I would like to shoot steel out of it. Can I buy a new modified choke barrel for it or is there something else I need to do?

catnthehat
10-10-2011, 06:03 PM
I have a 870 wingmaster with full choke however I would like to shoot steel out of it. Can I buy a new modified choke barrel for it or is there something else I need to do?

You can pick up Remington chokes at most gun shops , no sweat.
A mod choke will do, but an IC may be better.
The good thing is, Remchokes are cheap for cash!:)
Cat

jeff5316
10-10-2011, 07:09 PM
You can pick up Remington chokes at most gun shops , no sweat.
A mod choke will do, but an IC may be better.
The good thing is, Remchokes are cheap for cash!:)
Cat

X2. Remington chokes are very easy to find and mod will work great for steel. Thats all I shoot but like Cat said you may be better with IC. It all depends on what your shooting and how far you intend on shooting.

.30cal
10-10-2011, 07:11 PM
Assuming it's an older gun with a fixed choke, you can buy a different barrel easy enough. Costs almost as much as a new 870 though. Maybe try & go with a used donor gun. They've been making them forever, & as long as the barrel isn't rusted you could swap pretty easily. Re - bluing it yourself is also pretty easy if needed.

highwayman
10-17-2011, 06:55 PM
Assuming you mean fixed full choke ........
It's a bit of a trip from Okotoks to Rocky Mountain House but Don's Gunsmith reamed 2 full chokes out for me while I waited. Very obliging & reasonable price too.
If you can't find his phone # PM me for it.

PS He's a member here but I forget his handle.