PDA

View Full Version : Please delete, many thanks

arhuomam
10-11-2011, 01:17 AM
Hello All,

I am buying weatherby Backcountry Stainless (270 Win).
I need some advice if someone could help.

1) How good is it comparing to Savage Model 16 Stainless ??
2) What is good deal, price range, for weatherby Backcountry Stainless brand new without scope ?

Thank you very much,

arhuomam

Lonnie
10-11-2011, 03:14 AM
Hello All,

I am buying weatherby Backcountry Stainless (270 Win).
I need some advice if someone could help.

1) How good is it comparing to Savage Model 16 Stainless ??
2) What is good deal, price range, for weatherby Backcountry Stainless brand new without scope ?

Thank you very much,

arhuomam

any thing with weatherby name on it is going to be better quality than savage but if that weatherby does not fit you and a savage does your a 1000x better off with the savage. hunting & shooting is not abuot the gun its abuot what is best suited to you the most expensive gun does not mean much if you can not shoot it well both guns are knowen to be shooters so get what fits best.

fordtruckin
10-11-2011, 03:36 AM
any thing with weatherby name on it is going to be better quality than savage but if that weatherby does not fit you and a savage does your a 1000x better off with the savage. hunting & shooting is not abuot the gun its abuot what is best suited to you the most expensive gun does not mean much if you can not shoot it well both guns are knowen to be shooters so get what fits best.

Sound advice right there!

Sushi
10-11-2011, 07:54 AM
I just bought the exact rifle/caliber. Canadian Tire on MacLeod (south Calgary) had 2 of them: one for $900 and another on the discount rack for $800. They were both new in the same condition and it was their way of moving inventory so I took the cheaper one obviously. Not sure if they still have one left as that was a month ago (as you probably know, the model has been discontinued). I have only fired 5 rounds through it so not much experience with it but so far I love it.

arhuomam
10-19-2011, 11:21 AM
I got the second rifle from canadianTire, but need advice in Scope mount and rings for it.

The rifle is Weatherby CountryBack....

Thanks

Sushi
10-19-2011, 12:30 PM
congrats on your purchase. I'll repond in your other thread regarding my rings and mount.