PDA

View Full Version : GOTO 2011 end of season gathering

slivers86
10-11-2011, 06:11 PM
Hey everyone, its almost the end of the season and it would be fun to arrange a gathering for us Calgary area group (and anyone else who wants to come on down) to get together. I know a few managers of pubs and such, and could probably snag us a decent deal if we all wanted to get together for a nice evening of tales tall or short ;)

To get a section sided off, would need probably 20+ interested. Thinking first 2 weeks of november sometime, perhaps Friday Nov 04.

I'll put a poll up, please vote after you read. And remember, be safe this season, if ya booze don't cruise!

And please no comments unrelated to the topic - helps keep this simple and easy! I would be willing to fully organise this, and hopefully we could find some door prizes, etc!

Tezma
10-11-2011, 06:18 PM
I Could go, If I am not out of town

BeeGuy
10-11-2011, 06:19 PM
Only if Tezma is out of town.

ORV
10-11-2011, 06:21 PM
depending on the date.
i think nov 4 is my inventory date.
sat nights work better for me but see what comes up & i will
try to make it for sure.

orv.

Tezma
10-11-2011, 06:30 PM
Only if Tezma is out of town.

Yup, Or this guy is toast!:snapoutofit:

Deb
10-11-2011, 06:31 PM
If DarkAisling goes, I'll be there .. would love to meet her!

Orv, be there or be square!

Deb

BeeGuy
10-11-2011, 06:34 PM
Can we get a kiddie table for the under 25's?

tara_13
10-11-2011, 06:35 PM
Love too..:sHa_shakeshout:

Tezma
10-11-2011, 06:37 PM
Can we get a kiddie table for the under 25's?

LOL, He is mad... Because He wishs he was young again. Mid life crisis

DarkAisling
10-11-2011, 06:45 PM
If DarkAisling goes, I'll be there .. would love to meet her!

Orv, be there or be square!

Deb

I would love to be there. You and I need to go fishing some time, too!

We should go to Pottymouth's bar. Tops @ 7 - 5602 4th Street N.W.

slivers86
10-11-2011, 06:46 PM
Guys (Tez, Bee) please don't clutter it up. I want to see the general interest, than I'll post location, etc. you can saunter on into that one with with your jibber jabber. But yes, We can make a table for Tez :)

Tezma
10-11-2011, 06:47 PM

We should go to Pottymouth's bar. Tops @ 7 - 5602 4th Street N.W.*

Hudsons south, Maybe catch a game and Drinks....

slivers86
10-11-2011, 06:48 PM

We should go to Pottymouth's bar. Tops @ 7 - 5602 4th Street N.W.

I might have a venue lined up already, on the west side of town just off sarcee. I will let you guys know if we get a good amount of people. A friend of my is the bar manager :) And a server is his fiance, so we must do well for them if they hook us up :)

Tezma
10-11-2011, 06:49 PM
Guys (Tez, Bee) please don't clutter it up. I want to see the general interest, than I'll post location, etc. you can saunter on into that one with with your jibber jabber. But yes, We can make a table for Tez :)

Great guys, Thanks.

I feel loved here at AO.
Well Atleast I know the ladies will be at my table! Lots of room for them.

DOn't make me do some KUNG FU.:fighting0030:

slivers86
10-11-2011, 06:49 PM
Hudsons south, Maybe catch a game and Drinks....

That is always a good choice, they seem to have consistantly great service there :) We'll keep it in mind!

TheKi
10-11-2011, 06:51 PM
might come, if they let me in the pub

DarkAisling
10-11-2011, 06:55 PM
I might have a venue lined up already, on the west side of town just off sarcee. I will let you guys know if we get a good amount of people. A friend of my is the bar manager :) And a server is his fiance, so we must do well for them if they hook us up :)

Ah! But can the Greek pizza compare to Tops? I think not!

Might be worth shooting Potty a PM to see if he'd be willing to hook us up, too. No harm in comparison shopping. ;)

BeeGuy
10-11-2011, 07:03 PM
On second thought, I'll have to see what the wife thinks about me attending the Plenty of Fisherman Pub Night.

Might not go over well.

DarkAisling
10-11-2011, 07:06 PM
On second thought, I'll have to see what the wife thinks about me attending the Plenty of Fisherman Pub Night.

Might not go over well.

Bring her with you. :)

Tezma
10-11-2011, 07:08 PM

Might not go over well.

Tell her Tezma will be there! Then she will be allll for it.

I agree with DA,

---------

Inside Joke. HAHAHAHAHAH:snapoutofit:

ORV
10-11-2011, 07:19 PM

Might not go over well.

best line on this thread...lmao.

yada
10-11-2011, 07:33 PM
Do you need to be over 18 to get in?

Tezma
10-11-2011, 07:43 PM
Yea, Legally.

Do you have fake ID?

Then maybe

slivers86
10-11-2011, 07:50 PM
Tez, I believe I speak on behalf of most people, lets not encourage illegal activites which can result in the prosecution of this minor, and major fines for the establishment yet to be determined.

x2 ORV

tara_13
10-11-2011, 08:17 PM

I imagine Im bringing him....

:thinking-006: :thinking-006:

TheKi
10-11-2011, 08:50 PM
Yea, Legally.

Do you have fake ID?

Then maybe

Tez, I believe I speak on behalf of most people, lets not encourage illegal activites which can result in the prosecution of this minor, and major fines for the establishment yet to be determined.

x2 ORV

a fake ID wont get me any where so i think ill stay home or go fishing

slivers86
10-11-2011, 08:53 PM

Archer,

unfortunately I'm not sure of many places that are suitable for large gatherings where minors are welcome. Can anyone think of any that serve alcohol and allow minors, that aren't a 'sit down restaurant' style??? Totally open to suggestions!

Dust1n
10-11-2011, 08:57 PM
Archer,

unfortunately I'm not sure of many places that are suitable for large gatherings where minors are welcome. Can anyone think of any that serve alcohol and allow minors, that aren't a 'sit down restaurant' style??? Totally open to suggestions!

Theres lots of pubs around that will serve minnors untill around 9pm

Lefty-Canuck
10-11-2011, 09:08 PM
Theres lots of pubs around that will serve minnors untill around 9pm

Serve them "Shirley Temples" "Darth Vaders" "Gnome Mojitos"........

LC

Dust1n
10-11-2011, 09:10 PM
Serve them "Shirley Temples" "Darth Vaders" "Gnome Mojitos"........

LC

thats just as bad as diet virgin Cuba Libre (rum and coke)

DarkAisling
10-11-2011, 09:14 PM
Archer,

Most of the bar style restaurants in the city of have gone 18+. I'm not sure about Tipperary's, though. I'll try to remember to find out tomorrow.

slivers86
10-11-2011, 09:14 PM
I've left the poll open until oct 30. I'm sure we'll have a great response however. Everyone feel free to suggest venues, and I'll check into what the best deals would be, not what would be best for my friends :) Also, I'll try and find a 'central' location that is easily accessible, as I wouldn't want to take a 60$ cab ride to south calgary, as someone from the north wouldn't like the same to get home from shawnessy!

Tezma
10-11-2011, 09:15 PM

Whats your age, If you don't mind me asking...

Thats to bad, I was hoping for some else to sit at the UNDER 25 TABLE with me lol:sign0161:

TheKi
10-11-2011, 09:41 PM
Whats your age, If you don't mind me asking...

Thats to bad, I was hoping for some else to sit at the UNDER 25 TABLE with me lol:sign0161:

i turned 15 last week

BeeGuy
10-11-2011, 10:36 PM
I'm sure we can find an all ages venue if the under 18 crowd chimes in.

If your underage make sure slivers knows so we can keep track.

Dust1n
10-11-2011, 10:37 PM
where is this going to be held?

BeeGuy
10-11-2011, 10:38 PM

tbd

slivers86
10-11-2011, 10:48 PM

Somewhere in Calgary. Undetermined location as of yet, was thinking a nice pub somewhere that might offer a decent drink special for the group if we produce numbers.

chubbdarter
10-11-2011, 11:00 PM
You guys want a drink special..because of the amount you plan on drinking?

slivers86
10-11-2011, 11:03 PM
You guys want a drink special..because of the amount you plan on drinking?

chubb, shhh....:angry3:

Tezma
10-12-2011, 02:59 AM
I could see some people having a few to many and then, BAM fight breaks out because someone talked about the BASS thread! ahahah

Kokanee9
10-12-2011, 07:19 AM
I would probably make it as long as I'm in town. I don't know about the drinking end of it.

Isn't the purpose supposed to be to meet people from here, not show them what a few drinks can do?
I don't need to travel somewhere to see that, I can just sit in my backyard and get my fill from the neighbors during the summer.

The younger ones should be encouraged and also be able to attend if they wanted to.

Toirtis
10-12-2011, 09:03 AM
Most of the bar style restaurants in the city of have gone 18+. I'm not sure about Tipperary's, though. I'll try to remember to find out tomorrow.

Tipperary's still permits minors to 9pm...I was just in there on Saturday and noticed the sign.

I would be up for this, and since Tipperary's is in my neighbourhood, it gets my vote.

slivers86
10-12-2011, 11:58 AM
I would probably make it as long as I'm in town. I don't know about the drinking end of it.

Isn't the purpose supposed to be to meet people from here, not show them what a few drinks can do?
I don't need to travel somewhere to see that, I can just sit in my backyard and get my fill from the neighbors during the summer.

The younger ones should be encouraged and also be able to attend if they wanted to.

I agree, I'd like it to be somewhere where our minor members can attend. The drinks coming cheap is just a bonus, everyone likes to enjoy a few cold ones right?

AndrewM
10-12-2011, 12:04 PM
Agree on the all ages event. It would be nice to include the younger crowd as I am guessing they miss most of these type events. Somewhere central works best for me.

Tezma
10-12-2011, 12:18 PM
Well, lets have it at the Calgary tower? Thats middle for everyone lol.
How about a 2 Stage get together, Maybe some paintball then to the pub.

Or if its decent out side, Have it at someones house.... With a nice fire in the back yard?
Then people can drink have fun and Under 18 is welcome...

Or...............
We get a party bus and drive around calgary and get SMASHED and yell out of the bus?
JK.

Gust
10-12-2011, 12:49 PM
Hey Silvers,,, since we all like fishing and goin fishin is never too far for most,, how about somewhere where there's a sheltered bbq pit and some fishing?

the Ship & Anchor on Saturdays has all ages and live music-jam, but maybe 2 should be arranged,,, one for slurry talk over pints and a youth friendly outing.

Isn't there a sheltered bbq pit at the canal at Keho Lake. A big tarp would work too. Fishing meet and greets get happening quicker and with gusto.

Not trying to derail.

Maybe a trip to Lethbridge, long story.

Tezma
10-12-2011, 12:59 PM
Hey Silvers,,, since we all like fishing and goin fishin is never too far for most,, how about somewhere where there's a sheltered bbq pit and some fishing?

the Ship & Anchor on Saturdays has all ages and live music-jam, but maybe 2 should be arranged,,, one for slurry talk over pints and a youth friendly outing.

Isn't there a sheltered bbq pit at the canal at Keho Lake. A big tarp would work too. Fishing meet and greets get happening quicker and with gusto.

Not trying to derail.

Carburn Park has BBQs and there is Pike and perch!
I fished there when I was a kid, Boy was I the master of the lake.

I pulled a 10 lb pike out of there and tons of perch - all sizes.

Darren N
10-12-2011, 02:16 PM
Good idea to get together. A bit far for me and timing not good. Thanks. Darren

Tezma
10-12-2011, 02:51 PM
Good idea to get together. A bit far for me and timing not good. Thanks. Darren

It's going to to be abit far for everyone, As he can't please everyone.
About the time, Well someone is going to miss out.

That's how the ball rolls.

Darren N
10-12-2011, 03:11 PM
It's going to to be abit far for everyone, As he can't please everyone.
About the time, Well someone is going to miss out.

That's how the ball rolls.

No worries. I hope you get a good response. If all fails here at home during that time I may crash, or at the very least bring my fly rod for the Bow...

chubbdarter
10-12-2011, 03:25 PM
by the sounds of it...this is a DUI party

slivers86
10-12-2011, 03:29 PM
not for me chubb. I do that, I lose my job, house and that means no money to fish :) Even if I'm under investigation I'm not able to work according to the rules :) I rarely have more than 3 or 4 drinks, but encourage those who do to find a safe alternative way of transportation to get home :)

Tezma
10-12-2011, 03:35 PM
by the sounds of it...this is a DUI party:snapoutofit:

I do that all the time, As a young stong guy like me, I feel Like Super Man.

I drive as fast and crazy as the old guys in there middle life crisis if not harder.

I love driving UI, But only when I am sleeping.

bahaha

People are smarter than you think. LOL.

TheKi
10-12-2011, 05:06 PM
what about somewhere on the bow, do some fishing we could still have a fire and any one over 18 can get plastered

Tezma
10-12-2011, 05:09 PM
what about somewhere on the bow, do some fishing we could still have a fire and any one over 18 can get plastered

Bahah ROFL ...

I like your thinking!:oregonian_winesmile:happy0180::dork:

BeeGuy
10-12-2011, 05:16 PM

Not trying to derail.

I like this idea. I like to fish once in a while, and I'm not really into the liquor myself.

I think the youngin's should be able to attend as well. I think this is a fairly important consideration.

Pretty sure they could probably teach me a thing or two.

BeeGuy
10-12-2011, 05:24 PM
Lets gypsy caravan to PCR and see who can catch a pike.

Lefty-Canuck
10-12-2011, 05:28 PM
Lets gypsy caravan to PCR and see who can catch a pike.

We can all stop at Mickie D's on the way......look out for the Hamburgler....

LC

Tezma
10-12-2011, 05:30 PM
I am down if MCD is on the way lol..

yada
10-12-2011, 06:58 PM
Since this is a FISHING gathering, and its on a FISHING forum. We might want to go FISHING?

slivers86
10-12-2011, 07:36 PM
Since this is a FISHING gathering, and its on a FISHING forum. We might want to go FISHING?

I think Tez has a good time for that. Thing is, end of stream season is October 31, and weather can't be guaranteed. Would not be fun to set aside a place and time, and have a blizzard and minus 10-20 or 40 to roll in, and lose a reservation or site fee. Good idea though, but lets hit the ice fishing fun day later for the fishing type! maybe spring time a mountain lake with ice fresh off... cough cough k lakes... could be a GREAT option!

slivers86
10-12-2011, 07:37 PM
We can all stop at Mickie D's on the way......look out for the Hamburgler....

LC

High River has a mcd's????

TheKi
10-12-2011, 07:48 PM
if we wanted to go fishing for this meat and greet wood any thing still be open for fishing?

Toirtis
10-12-2011, 10:35 PM
I think fishing would be great, just not really feasible, what with closures and questionable/poor weather.

The Tipperarys suggestion was a good one...nice place, fairly central, ample parking, minor-friendly to 9pm, and only 2 blocks from a c-train station.

slivers86
10-12-2011, 11:25 PM
I think fishing would be great, just not really feasible, what with closures and questionable/poor weather.

The Tipperarys suggestion was a good one...nice place, fairly central, ample parking, minor-friendly to 9pm, and only 2 blocks from a c-train station.

I agree. I'm not around tomorrow, but I have someone who can contact the place and see if we could get a section for AO members and family to hang out, tell some tall tales of 'the ones that got away' and for those who want to *Tezma* you can get hammered after 9pm :) Can I get some yays or nays???

chubbdarter
10-12-2011, 11:29 PM
a poll on the venue would be good....lol

i pick Hooters

horsetrader
10-12-2011, 11:36 PM

i pick Hooters

OK I'm in

slivers86
10-12-2011, 11:57 PM
chubb, I think recently enough poll's have gone up. lol

Hoping to have a decision by the 20th guys, so ideas are still welcome! Tip's sounds good though. thoughts on tipperarys? or however you spell it? This place offers minors until 9pm which is great for families who fish, and the rowdies can hang out until close after if they please????

Tezma
10-13-2011, 03:11 AM
I agree. I'm not around tomorrow, but I have someone who can contact the place and see if we could get a section for AO members and family to hang out, tell some tall tales of 'the ones that got away' and for those who want to *Tezma* you can get hammered after 9pm :) Can I get some yays or nays???

AWESOME,
I wont get drunk come on. LOL. After the 9/11 thread... I think some guys wanna fight me... SOme PMs... SO I have to have My weits about me lol

ORV
10-13-2011, 07:40 AM
chubb, I think recently enough poll's have gone up. lol

Hoping to have a decision by the 20th guys, so ideas are still welcome! Tip's sounds good though. thoughts on tipperarys? or however you spell it? This place offers minors until 9pm which is great for families who fish, and the rowdies can hang out until close after if they please????

i have not been there but sounds good to me. it gets my vote.

orv.

slivers86
10-13-2011, 09:18 PM
Need dates for people. If you are available, tell me what weekend you would be available. Sounds like Saturday night might be best for most, have had some pm's from people who advise they work and have kids.. blah blah, I have a cat! lol

Regardless, it seems like it'd work good for our crowd as a whole rather than having some people feeling depleted and run down.

Which saturday can you guys make it? I can do the first 3 of the month.

yada
10-14-2011, 10:32 AM
Some day far away as possible from Oct 18 because thats when i get my report card.

My parents::mad0030::mad3::argue2::snapoutofit:

HOGSLAYER
10-15-2011, 03:12 PM

i pick Hooters

I second that let me know if this goes down & call me at home monday
cell is F@#ked up.:)

slivers86
10-15-2011, 03:17 PM
Please click the link to access venue information and times. Please confirm if you are coming for better idea on seating area.

http://outdoorsmenforum.ca/showthread.php?t=107766