PDA

View Full Version : Reports

jts1
10-12-2011, 04:57 PM
Another member and I are headed out tomorrow, but unsure of location. Forestry trunk is slow so going to X that idea. So we are thinking south is the way to go. But where south. If any of you have info on Bullshead, would be nice to get a few big rainbows.. But hows it fishing, is it all weeded up still. Maybe the Highwood or the Livingstone. Any info would help us make a choice thanks guys.

Tezma
10-12-2011, 05:04 PM
I know where, Carsland. lol

jts1
10-12-2011, 05:09 PM
We are going to start down on the Highwood. We will then just work our way down , have the Livingstone and lots of spots in between so should hook into a few fish along the way.

BeeGuy
10-12-2011, 05:38 PM
Ever try the K-lakes this time of year?

Excuse me if they're closed, didnt check the regs.

Tezma
10-12-2011, 05:48 PM
UPPER K LAKES IS WHERE ITS AT MY FRIEND....... BIT RAINBOWS

Right now hitten hard... lets go BeeGuyy.

slingshotz
10-12-2011, 07:52 PM
We hit the Highwood on Monday and it was very slow. Couldn't see any fish in the crystal clear deep pools. Hooked a few little whites in a massive pool and was waiting for a big bullie to chase them while hooked as per normal but nothing showed up.

I've had much better luck this year on the Sheep and Elbow.

Daceminnow
10-12-2011, 09:29 PM
UPPER K LAKES IS WHERE ITS AT MY FRIEND....... BIT RAINBOWS

Right now hitten hard... lets go BeeGuyy.

big rainbows hey? upper was slow on monday. no bulls and only a few cutts. the water level is high as you'll see it making fly casting more of a challenge. a couple pics of the water level. there was also a foot of snow in the pass.

http://i1220.photobucket.com/albums/dd450/daceminnow/IMG_2872.jpg
http://i1220.photobucket.com/albums/dd450/daceminnow/IMG_2878.jpg

slivers86
10-12-2011, 11:27 PM
thanks dace, I knew it would be like that after jtw and I were there last week! was already 1/8" or so of ice forming on lower levels of the elbow lake.

Heavy K
10-13-2011, 11:34 AM
Wouldn't bother showing up before 2:00.

"Evening rise" started about 3:30 on the Trunk Road creeks last night. Bringing them up with #12 AND #14 Mayflies. Even had a few on a giant stimulator I was using on a hopper-dropper. Fish were still rising in beaver dams until 8:00 pm, visible under the full moon. Then I realized my line and net were frozen solid, and I was getting damn cold. Figured that would be as good a time as any to go home. I would expect comparable conditions on the Livingstone, but maybe not. Have fun.

HK