PDA

View Full Version : Shore Fishing?

diesel_3
10-12-2011, 05:07 PM
Hey there,
I'm a new Alberta Fisherman...I grew up in Northern BC and fished for Trout all my life (Mostly Ice fishing...but some trolling as well) I am looking for lakes in the NB1/NB2 area that are trout stocked that have the best shore fishing (If possible) I do not have a boat and looking to go out before the snow hits!

Also, are there better lakes for Ice Fishing in those areas?

Any lure advice for pike? I've never fished for pike so I don't really know what they bite on!

Thanks, guys!

slivers86
10-12-2011, 05:28 PM
good old five of diamonds kill any big fish. I know nothing however about pike fishing, other than steel leaders and don't get your hand bit off!

diesel_3
10-12-2011, 05:30 PM
good old five of diamonds kill any big fish. I know nothing however about pike fishing, other than steel leaders and don't get your hand bit off!

That's the only thing I know, steel leaders and a gerber comes in handy to pull the lure out because of the razor sharp teeth!

Wish I had a boat...It's tough to find shore fishing anywhere, really!

Might just wait so that I can ice fish!

BeeGuy
10-12-2011, 05:36 PM
Hey there,
I'm a new Alberta Fisherman...I grew up in Northern BC and fished for Trout all my life (Mostly Ice fishing...but some trolling as well) I am looking for lakes in the NB1/NB2 area that are trout stocked that have the best shore fishing (If possible) I do not have a boat and looking to go out before the snow hits!

Also, are there better lakes for Ice Fishing in those areas?

Any lure advice for pike? I've never fished for pike so I don't really know what they bite on!

Thanks, guys!

Google search "Alberta Fish Stocking" and go to the SRD stocking map.

Find your area, then find some stocked lakes nearby. If you look up the stocking details there will be column that says either 2n or 3n.

3n fish will be the big ones.

good luck.

Tezma
10-12-2011, 05:37 PM
buy your self a inflatable! I did, and trolling motor for under 800$ lol

diesel_3
10-12-2011, 05:43 PM
buy your self a inflatable! I did, and trolling motor for under 800$ lol

anything would be tough to transport in a jeep wrangler! I have the vehicle that can get into some greasy spots, just not the gear.

And to the poster above, thanks for the info...Will hit google right away!

Tezma
10-12-2011, 05:45 PM
anything would be tough to transport in a jeep wrangler! I have the vehicle that can get into some greasy spots, just not the gear.

And to the poster above, thanks for the info...Will hit google right away!

Hmmm you fill it up, use it then deflate it... with a vacum pump. It will fist back in the box lol..

Its not a canoe!

diesel_3
10-13-2011, 09:37 PM
Still curious for any shore fishing spots? I dont mind getting a little dirty getting to the spot if it's a solid fishing hole.

Wanting to get out this weekend for a few hours!

thorne
10-14-2011, 02:11 PM
Where are u located. migjt have room in my boat this saturday for wabamun fall hogs...let me know.