PDA

View Full Version : comment on family fishing

couleefolk
10-12-2011, 07:15 PM
how can you beat taking the family fishing for the weekend? we spent the thanksgiving weekend camping and fishing at one of our favourite lakes with friends of ours. my wife loves to fish, my son is almost ten and is going crazy about fishing, and my daughter is enjoying it to. wife loves to catch more fish and bigger fish than me to stay happy. my son finds something special about almost every fish he catches "i caught 3 different kinds", "i caught the smallest ...","i caught the largest...", "that fish had a wierd lump on its mouth!". sure i wind up driving the boat and netting most of the fish which cuts into my fishing, but i guess i got to the stage in life where it is actually more fun to watch the family have fun. i think if life got any better i'd explode! my wish is that everyone can feel this way.

Deb
10-12-2011, 07:44 PM
If this was a FaceBook post, I'd have pressed, "Like."

Wonderful to see life and its blessings in perspective, couleefolk.

Deb

bowness
10-12-2011, 08:26 PM
The more time I hang out with my son and dad hunting and fishing the more I appreciate the lifestyle. Good stuff.

BobLoblaw
10-13-2011, 12:17 AM
Sounds like a great way to spend a weekend!
Good on ya, man!:)

Tezma
10-13-2011, 03:17 AM
Sounds like a great way to spend a weekend!
Good on ya, man!:)

X2

outdoors forever
10-13-2011, 09:24 PM
I hear ya, coulee, and agree 100%! Most of the fun I have is when my daughters get a fish on! True, my time in the boat is now about changing hooks, untangling lines, and netting and handling the fish, but I love it! I love having my family out in the boat with me.

Here is the result of 7 year olds trolling off the back of the boat!!! :mad0030: :)

http://i1041.photobucket.com/albums/b414/outdoorsforever/IMG_0263-1.jpg

Flyfishen
10-13-2011, 09:30 PM
You bet! Family First!!! sounds like good times. Brings back some good memories. I hear you on the wife needing the Bragging rights