PDA

View Full Version : Baikal MP-153 semi auto is THE BEST

kitecowboy1
10-14-2011, 03:01 PM
Baikal mp 153 semi auto

Watch this . it is AMAZING and read the comments below video of owners.
And this is not me.

http://youtu.be/qt1QV3DFUrQ

Big Daddy Badger
10-14-2011, 04:34 PM
The guy in that video is an idiot....why?

kitecowboy1
10-14-2011, 05:44 PM
The video is about the GUN not the GUY.......

Thank you

skidderman
10-14-2011, 08:09 PM
Just don't lend him yours!!!!! :)

PoppaW
10-14-2011, 08:39 PM
Looks like a fail to fire and several fail to feeds, then the action fails to stay open. Wonder if the safety was still working? The line up to buy these must be huge. I'll wait thanks

huntinstuff
10-14-2011, 09:05 PM
Any gun will perform like that....maybe even better

What is his point? I dont get it

Really, unless you are in a combat situation, its just stupid to do stuff like that.

If you drop your rifle in the mud or water, Id say end the hunt for a bit while you properly clean and maintain your gun to a safe status

kitecowboy1
10-14-2011, 09:54 PM
I would love to see another gun go through that .

What ever was the point of the AK 47 it just worked and did not stop,

It is a great gun thats for real.

O ya this gun is completely stripped top to bottem in 10 to 15 sec with 1 tool a 3 mm pin punch and no small parts. Put back together in 30 sec.

Thank you

huntinstuff
10-15-2011, 12:33 AM
I would love to see another gun go through that .

Thank you
any gun could perform as that Baikal did
It misloaded a few times, it wasnt flawless

I would gladly lend my Stoeger to that fella. It would perform the same id bet

dero338
10-15-2011, 11:44 AM
I have one of these, and as long as you feed with 3" and 3 1/2" it works like a charm
why i got this,
simple : I dont like the idea of taking a 2K gun on salted water

for 470$ it is a very good gun
but forget dooing clay traps with target loads with it. they dont cycle.

but i have my good old 870 for that

PoppaW
10-15-2011, 02:56 PM
For the price they would be good. I don't see the point in a video that shows the gun not working trying to say how great it is. I agree just about any gun would do the same. Except a glock... now those are the best. LOL

kitecowboy1
10-15-2011, 09:08 PM
These guns cycle 2 3\4" target loads.
I own 1 and thats all I run in this gun.
Skeet,pigeons,
And then I run 2 3/4,....,3''...3.5'' heavy steel loads.
This gun does it all thats why I love this gun.

So my suggestion to all Baikal MP 153 owners first run 100 + heavy rds then turn the gas nut 1 full turn to light load try running light loads if it is not cycling turn to light load 1 full turn and then shoot .

Keep your gun clean if your running light loads and all the time.

You really need to shoulder this gun to shoot light stuff.

No lose or light shoulders.

If you have any more problems PM me.

Thank You

Pioneer2
10-16-2011, 07:37 AM
It's all in the gas adjustment for functioning.Slavic crude finish in most cases but made to be ridden dry and put away wet! Most owners seem to like them for what they are.She ain't pretty but she works...............Harold

CantGet Right
10-16-2011, 09:46 AM
A hunting buddy uses his for geese only as sometimes it won't even cycle 3". Crude yet effective as it once kept firing with a corn stalk leaf jammed in the receiver. For lighter shooting he uses a browning silver.

elkhunter11
10-16-2011, 10:02 AM
Not everyone is as impressed with this gun.

http://www.shotgunworld.com/bbs/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=2102&sid=03fb4c5f39ba9ad443ddbbf35da6cdab&start=60

From that link.

I bought a camo Mp153 for turkey/ Duck hunting in May 2010. I have fired less than 50 shots through it.

1) The camo chips off in large flakes from the first hunt
2) I hunted ducks with it sdeveral times when by accident I found out it didn't have a plug in it or with it
3) After researching the internet I see the cocking lever gets lost by several parties , I have lost mine on 3 occassions and spent more time looking for it totaly screwing my turkey hunts up, Once taking it out of the case, Once on grass turkey hunting and the last time inn the duck blind, None were hard pulls it just popped off :(
4) the ejection port has cut my fingers and took off my knuckle several times from the sharp edges.

It seems like a deal I bought mine mail order from Elwood Epps in Canada . There was no owners manual in the box, REALLY THINK TWICE BEFORE YOU BUY ONE, THEY MAY BE DEPENDABLE IN THE VIDEOS BUT PARTS SHOULDN'T FALL