PDA

View Full Version : Varmageddon

wolfkiller
10-14-2011, 08:51 PM
Nosler just introduced an entire line of Flat Base varmint bullets in both tipped and HP configuration, from .17 thru 6mm calibers. These appear to be Ballistic Tips with a flat base, with or without the poly tip.

They had a contest there among the employees, and two of them came up with the same name for the new bullet: "Varmageddon". The website lists the BC's and OAL's for all versions. Check it out:

http://www.nosler.com/Bullets/Varmageddon.

HunterDave
10-15-2011, 02:07 AM
I wonder if people will decide that a different caliber rifle will be a better choice once they try these bullets. I'll wait for the reviews. :)

264winnmag
10-15-2011, 08:44 AM
i shoot a remington sendero sf II, in 264 win mag, i don't load my own ammo yet, and all i could get was remington core lok 140 grain, they are alright, minimal damage on deer and elk, but i found nosler hunter grade in 130 grain boat tail,..........what a difference in knock down power, I like nosler ammo, i wish it was more available, if anybody knows where a guy can source more of it, please let me know,..thanx

Rockymtnx
10-15-2011, 10:18 AM
i shoot a remington sendero sf II, in 264 win mag, i don't load my own ammo yet, and all i could get was remington core lok 140 grain, they are alright, minimal damage on deer and elk, but i found nosler hunter grade in 130 grain boat tail,..........what a difference in knock down power, I like nosler ammo, i wish it was more available, if anybody knows where a guy can source more of it, please let me know,..thanx
Cabelas in Edmonton has a good selection of Nolser ammo.

HunterDave
10-15-2011, 11:15 AM
Wholesale Sports in North Edmonton always has Nosler BTs whenever I go to buy them. I used coreLokts for years before starting to reload.......no comparison when it came to accuracy.