PDA

View Full Version : An open post to the MODS of this forum.

Kokanee9
10-15-2011, 07:56 PM
I am posting this to ask you to reconsider your decision to ban Fishhunter7.

I did not see the post which resulted in the decision to ban him. It is my understanding that the decision would have been based on the rule of the forum regarding profanity. If this is true, then action on your behalf is understandable. To not act would have put you in a bad spot and given a sign to other users on the board that the use of profanity is acceptable. As a result, you were bound to take action.

FH7 has been a solid contributor to your forum and shared a vast amount of information and advice with the users on here. He has helped your forum achieve its goal of helping people to be successful at fishing. Many times he will give specific advice instead of generalized advice. Not alot of people will explain things on here, regarding specifics as he does.

I hope you can agree with me that his use of profanity is not an ongoing standard practice for him. I believe that he may have had a momentary lapse of judgement and decided to proceed with his post that ultimately resulted in him being banned.

I realize that this thread will be putting the moderators in a difficult position due to the fact that you can't be expected to debate your decisions openly on the board with the members and therefor, I am not asking for a reply. I only ask that you reconsider the action that has been taken and perhaps take into account his contributions to the board and reduce the banning to a suspension or whatever alternative action you feel is appropriate.

Thank you.

Geezle
10-15-2011, 08:13 PM
In Befo' Da Lock!

Don't poke the bear.

Albertafisher
10-15-2011, 08:49 PM
FH7 will return stronger than ever. He`ll just change his IP address and come up with a new alias. And he'll be back.
Just saying.
As for the main fact, I am indifferent about the ban. But what I have to say is; that if he was banned because of profanity, that is completely unfair. I have seen many people use language (or strongly imply it) on this forum without consequences. And for on person to be singled out -- or made an example of -- that is completely unfair, especially for an immature youth.
That's just my 5 bucks.
Cheers

TheKi
10-15-2011, 08:55 PM
Don't poke the bear.

X2

Itsmyfishingshow
10-15-2011, 09:23 PM
this is the only place on the internet i visit terrible profanity isn't commonplace.

): i hope he comes back

BeeGuy
10-15-2011, 09:25 PM
FH7 will return stronger than ever. He`ll just change his IP address and come up with a new alias. And he'll be back.
Just saying.
As for the main fact, I am indifferent about the ban. But what I have to say is; that if he was banned because of profanity, that is completely unfair. I have seen many people use language (or strongly imply it) on this forum without consequences. And for on person to be singled out -- or made an example of -- that is completely unfair, especially for an immature youth.
That's just my 5 bucks.
Cheers

Agreed, profanity is a regular occurrence here, and a daily occurrence in the GD Forum.

Rules should be applied evenly.

Steven Noel
10-15-2011, 09:26 PM
Just saying.
That's just my 5 bucks.
Cheers

It was a particularly profane word.

Itsmyfishingshow
10-15-2011, 09:31 PM
It was a particularly profane word.

not in britain

there they use it with nonchalance

Elkaholic6
10-15-2011, 09:39 PM
Walleyes, nube, and sheepguide contributed A LOT more and they aren't coming back... Just the way she goes.

chubbdarter
10-15-2011, 09:40 PM
The kid isnt stupid by any means......he planned this suicide, why I have no idea.
trying to correct his mistake after posting it was not a option, as he was quoted. Quoted with a warning he should edit his post......a no win situation.

Some one said Rocky was dancing with Chip and Dales this week -end but im sure he will answer all your questions.

Geezle
10-15-2011, 09:43 PM
Walleyes, nube, and sheepguide contributed A LOT more and they aren't coming back... Just the way she goes.

Agreed.

horsetrader
10-15-2011, 09:43 PM
Agreed, profanity is a regular occurrence here, and a daily occurrence in the GD Forum.

Rules should be applied evenly.

Where have you seen profanity as a regular occurrence?

horsetrader
10-15-2011, 09:45 PM
not in britain

there they use it with nonchalance

Just to inform you THIS IS NOT A DUMP HOLE IN BRITAIN

BGSH
10-15-2011, 09:48 PM
Horsetrader just said dumphole, that sounds like profanity to me :sHa_sarcasticlol:

seriously though bring back fh7

Itsmyfishingshow
10-15-2011, 09:53 PM
Horsetrader just said dumphole, that sounds like profanity to me :sHa_sarcasticlol:

seriously though bring back fh7

x2

Albertafisher
10-15-2011, 09:55 PM

Usually people say stuff like "s**t" (for demonstration purposes) and all. Everyone knows what that means and implies profanity. And I see this -- and variations -- on regular occasions.

Itsmyfishingshow
10-15-2011, 09:59 PM
Usually people say stuff like "s**t" (for demonstration purposes) and all. Everyone knows what that means and implies profanity. And I see this -- and variations -- on regular occasions.

Profanity is so common on the internet why is it so bad here?

Albertafisher
10-15-2011, 10:04 PM

Haha, no idea. I don't find it bad personally. But I mean the moderators are trying to create a swear free zone. And yet they are missing a lot of people. I just find it funny and ironic.

walking buffalo
10-15-2011, 10:05 PM
The kid isnt stupid by any means......he planned this suicide, why I have no idea.
trying to correct his mistake after posting it was not a option, as he was quoted. Quoted with a warning he should edit his post......a no win situation.

Some one said Rocky was dancing with Chip and Dales this week -end but im sure he will answer all your questions.

Gotta hate getting quoted by Some one sometimes....

BGSH
10-15-2011, 10:11 PM

No it was from a thread i made about FISHN JOKES
he got banned for posting a JOKE, didnt sware or anything, i dont get it:(

SonnyJ
10-15-2011, 10:11 PM
Gotta hate running out of toilet paper

But quotes can be changed..:)

horsetrader
10-15-2011, 10:12 PM

There's a big difference between implied and the actual word that he used.

Itsmyfishingshow
10-15-2011, 10:13 PM
quotes can be changed..:)

u sure

BGSH
10-15-2011, 10:14 PM

He didnt use a bad word at all, jokes are jokes

chubbdarter
10-15-2011, 10:15 PM
No it was from a thread i made about FISHN JOKES
he got banned for posting a JOKE, didnt sware or anything, i dont get it:(

Shawn i read the thread.....he posted a NoNo....then he was quoted.
Im not by any means for the heavy hand of moderation, but that word cant be used on AO.....try call your mom that, if you find it allowable.

p.s. i have a screen shot on my bb if you'd like to review it....lol

gprime27
Yes, bring back FH7 ..

Albertafisher

Okay, I'm ignorant of the word he used. I didn't see the thread that got him banned, so if he truly crossed the line, than he knows what he did.

BGSH
10-15-2011, 10:17 PM
Shawn i read the thread.....he posted a NoNo....then he was quoted.
Im not by any means for the heavy hand of moderation, but that word cant be used on AO.....try call your mom that, if you find it allowable.

p.s. i have a screen shot on my bb if you'd like to review it....lol

it was a joke, besides we all make mistakes, should get a warning, not banned

horsetrader
10-15-2011, 10:18 PM

Haha, no idea. I don't find it bad personally. But I mean the moderators are trying to create a swear free zone. And yet they are missing a lot of people. I just find it funny and ironic.

Well this is a family friendly site which means there are woman and kids reading the posts.

Itsmyfishingshow
10-15-2011, 10:18 PM
this site is full of shenanigans right now

BGSH
10-15-2011, 10:19 PM
And it was an indirect photo, he did not direct this photo to anyone other then the fishn jokes thread, like come on, now if i went to you chubdarter and made a direct threat with this word or any other thats different, people need a sence of humor

Gust
10-15-2011, 10:21 PM
fh7 was a great contributor,, suspended would have nailed future stuff shut but banned is a bit extreme. Can we get him back,,, how many kids online fish as much as him or anyone, he lives on the water? And more than often we whine about kids just wanting their XBox, whereas, FH7 sold his to upgrade his fishing gear. Can you see it in your interweb heart to let him back?

BGSH
10-15-2011, 10:23 PM
fh7 was a great contributor,, suspended would have nailed future stuff shut but banned is a bit extreme. Can we get him back,,, how many kids online fish as much as him or anyone, he lives on the water? And more than often we whine about kids just wanting their XBox, whereas, FH7 sold his to upgrade his fishing gear. Can you see it in your interweb heart to let him back?

Yea FH7 is a great kid, he was out fishing today and caught 7 fish, i recieved a warning for my pictures, but i dont undertand how it offended people

Itsmyfishingshow

x9999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999 99999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999 99999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999 99999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999 9

chubbdarter
it was a joke, besides we all make mistakes, should get a warning, not banned

Maybe.....but we have no idea what went on after...maybe a warning pm was sent and maybe a mod was called the same name.

I like the kid thats public knowledge. We dont know all the details, so judging the mods doesnt seem fair this time.

BeeGuy
10-15-2011, 10:24 PM
Well this is a family friendly site which means there are woman and kids reading the posts.

I think it is intended to be a family friendly site.

Often the site is far from friendly. It regularly features blatant racism and individuals inciting violence. There have been many posts, especially in the GD forum which in my opinion border on hate speech.

Gust
10-15-2011, 10:26 PM
maybe we should stick to fishing and not go on the general threads,, I turn into a loon over there.

horsetrader
10-15-2011, 10:27 PM
I think it is intended to be a family friendly site.

Often the site is far from friendly. It regularly features blatant racism and individuals inciting violence. There have been many posts, especially in the GD forum which in my opinion border on hate speech.

did you report them if not why not

Elkaholic6
10-15-2011, 10:29 PM
Can't find the thread or post he got banned for..

yada
10-15-2011, 10:33 PM
FH7 is a friend of my. He is one of the best fisherman and he is an active, and helpful. I think he deserves a second chance. If he is banned, we are losing one of the best.

Please reconsider banning him

Itsmyfishingshow
10-15-2011, 10:34 PM
FH7 is a friend of my. He is one of the best fisherman and he is an active, and helpful. I think he deserves a second chance. If he is banned, we are losing one of the best.

Please reconsider banning him

we need a petition

hunter tyson
10-15-2011, 10:36 PM
I was pm,d by a mod and warned about using letters implying profanity in a post and he explained why he was giving me this warning. We are adults and sometimes we let it slip, but we as adults must remember that the kids are reading and learning from what we post, i don't know what was said or if yhe guy realymdeserved banishment but i know i like it here and i took my warning seriously and i think i can get by here without swearing, i do enough of it all day long anyway

Itsmyfishingshow
10-15-2011, 10:38 PM
I was pm,d by a mod and warned about using letters implying profanity in a post and he explained why he was giving me this warning. We are adults and sometimes we let it slip, but we as adults must remember that the kids are reading and learning from what we post, i don't know what was said or if yhe guy realymdeserved banishment but i know i like it here and i took my warning seriously and i think i can get by here without swearing, i do enough of it all day long anyway

kids wont learn swearing from us. they'll learn it in the school yard. i've experienced it firsthand abour 5 years ago

BGSH
10-15-2011, 10:41 PM

The thread is deleted

TheKi
10-15-2011, 10:41 PM

school every day

Itsmyfishingshow
10-15-2011, 10:43 PM
FH7 says he jumped off a bridge to go swim with the bull trout in the rockies

horsetrader
10-15-2011, 10:44 PM
kids wont learn swearing from us. they'll learn it in the school yard. i've experienced it firsthand abour 5 years ago

So why don't you try to steer them the other way.

Itsmyfishingshow
10-15-2011, 10:45 PM

then your not cool

hunter tyson

Still doesent give us the right to add to it, im not saying this guy doesent deserve a second chance, but im not the judge. Let the kids learn it at school and not from us

Itsmyfishingshow

then your not cool

and being cool is everryyyythiiing

horsetrader
10-15-2011, 10:46 PM

Do you think if it was bad enough that he got banned they would leave it up

COME ON.

BGSH
10-15-2011, 10:48 PM
it wasnt even bad, it was a picture, it was a JOKE picture, it was a fishing picture joke that u can goodle it, google fishn jokes and check the pics out, its there

horsetrader
10-15-2011, 10:49 PM
school every day

incase you didn't understand we were talking about on this FORUM.

MAN

yada
10-15-2011, 10:50 PM
I think the reason he got banned was just horible. Its not even bad.

Itsmyfishingshow
10-15-2011, 10:51 PM

its terribly unreasonable

slivers86
10-15-2011, 10:51 PM

x1010101010101101010101101010101010110101010101

had to up the 9's

tonka
10-15-2011, 10:52 PM
I personally was ****ed at fish hunter for that cartoon. I spent 10 minuets cleaning my key board and screen of coke after I read it. I thought it was good.
I think maybe the mods found the Context to be the problem not the language. and if that's the case then shame on you.

Albertadiver
10-15-2011, 10:53 PM
I have it on good authority he's not banned, just suspended for the innapropriate actions. FH7 will be back, and will have hopefully learned his lesson with respect to the forum rules here.

horsetrader
10-15-2011, 10:54 PM
and being cool is everryyyythiiing

if you think that is cool you got a lot of growing up to do.

BGSH
10-15-2011, 10:54 PM
Tezma should be the one to get banned, he is the one who killed the ten lynxx that he bragged about on other forums as he stated this on the hunting pages

Itsmyfishingshow
10-15-2011, 10:55 PM

i was being sarcastic
and conforming to the ways of the schoolyard

BGSH
10-15-2011, 10:56 PM
really because it says BANNED under his name and not SUSPENDED?

chubbdarter
10-15-2011, 11:00 PM
it wasnt even bad, it was a picture, it was a JOKE picture, it was a fishing picture joke that u can goodle it, google fishn jokes and check the pics out, its there

shawn your another young fisherman i like on this forum, you and fh7 both bring quality info to the site.

Look at it this way.

Moses is a Biblical prophet to many. How do you think the combination of Moses and the 'Word' is accepted by the believers?

Remember not so long ago all the poacher jokes ...You didnt find funny and fought so fiercely against?.......its kinda the same thing.

Please dont think if you can GOOGLE it ..you can post it..

horsetrader
10-15-2011, 11:01 PM
i was being sarcastic
and conforming to the ways of the schoolyard

my mistake sorry for taking it the wrong way

BGSH
10-15-2011, 11:01 PM
FH7 said his ban is lifted but not untill November 15th for anyone who would like to know

Itsmyfishingshow
10-15-2011, 11:02 PM
my mistake sorry for taking it the wrong way

thats alright no grief (:

he says to post this :http://i1097.photobucket.com/albums/g348/EliteFisherman/8b9f2cf9.png

chubbdarter
10-15-2011, 11:03 PM
Tezma should be the one to get banned, he is the one who killed the ten lynxx that he bragged about on other forums as he stated this on the hunting pages

Well i think if you quote a post that gets the OP banned you should walk the plank too

Gust
10-15-2011, 11:04 PM

Horse,,, they're playing you, in good fun,,, though I'm sure they'd pelt us with rocks if we showed up in their schoolyard.

horsetrader
10-15-2011, 11:04 PM

It was not the joke but the words in the joke.

BGSH
10-15-2011, 11:06 PM
It was not the joke but the words in the joke.

Yes this is true, but there should be no ban, guys like tezma SHOULD be banned for poaching, did u read his posts in the hunting part for lynxx killing ten lynxx when not aloud the guy should get banned for that kind of stuff is what should get u banned

Gust
10-15-2011, 11:06 PM
WoW,,, November 15th,, that's going to be a hell of a thread from FH7,, think of all the fishing he can do from now till then.

horsetrader
10-15-2011, 11:08 PM

if it was not bad he would not have gotten banned think about it.

Itsmyfishingshow
10-15-2011, 11:09 PM
if it was not bad he would not have gotten banned think about it.

its and unreasonable punishment. a warning or suspension could have sufficed

BGSH
10-15-2011, 11:10 PM
ok so killing 10 lynxx in alberta when there is no hunting them is ok and not getting banned, thats like me going out tomorrow catching ten walleye bragging about keeping them then someone elese swaring here getting banned for swaring but yet nothing happeneds to the poacher on an o.a forum??? something is wrong here
http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showthread.php?t=107911

yada
10-15-2011, 11:11 PM
My little brother is 7 and he knows stuff like x100 times worse from school.. Thats not bad at all

Gust
10-15-2011, 11:11 PM
Yes this is true, but there should be no ban, guys like tezma SHOULD be banned for poaching, did u read his posts in the hunting part for lynxx killing ten lynxx when not aloud the guy should get banned for that kind of stuff is what should get u banned

Then write to the mods and find the thread by tezma and report him or read it in context, he's a bit of a jester/trickster and pulls a leg from time to time.
But don't hammer it home here.

yada
10-15-2011, 11:12 PM
its and unreasonable punishment. a warning or suspension could have sufficed

agreed!

BeeGuy
10-15-2011, 11:13 PM

Never read it myself, but that sounds absurd.

I've spent near a decade in the bush and don't think I've quite seen 10 lynx.

From what I've been told the language used was,

see you next tuesday.

Hopefully just a week ban for the young fellow. Good to see how well respected his fishing knowledge is.

yada
10-15-2011, 11:14 PM
ok so killing 10 lynxx in alberta when there is no hunting them is ok and not getting banned, thats like me going out tomorrow catching ten walleye bragging about keeping them then someone elese swaring here getting banned for swaring but yet nothing happeneds to the poacher on an o.a forum??? something is wrong here

i totally agree

chubbdarter
10-15-2011, 11:16 PM

i appreciate your frustration
If a AO crime is commited you call a mod
If a wildlife crime is commited you call RAP.
Doesnt it make the CO's job easy when a criminal publically announces his crime for all to see?

Brady
10-15-2011, 11:18 PM
The banning is not going to be rescinded. It's not permanent, and frankly, noones business other than the one banned.
Shawn, you were given a warning for what you posted, that can be upgraded to a timeout as well if you want.

Thread closed.