PDA

View Full Version : Halibut in Port hardy BC....

elnino54
10-18-2011, 08:54 PM
Finally got around to finalizing the video of our fishing trip to BC for Halibut/Salmon this past August in Port Hardy. I took my father and his buddy out for a week....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FX8YtBE5BCE

wbaj
10-18-2011, 10:37 PM
Awesome, we did a similar trip out there about 4 years ago. Also tried Telegraph Cove about 2years before that. Never got any above 70 lbs, but some of yours were hogs!
Great video, congrats

Serengeti Charters
10-18-2011, 11:19 PM
Nice, glad to see you enjoyed your trip up here!! Those halibut will make some mighty fine good eating... :)

SNAPFisher
10-18-2011, 11:46 PM
Great job on the video! I enjoyed seeing it. Congrats on the great coastal trip.

Tezma
10-19-2011, 12:46 AM
great job on the video, What software did you use?

Great fishing.

Kim473
10-19-2011, 06:08 AM
Great video, Thanks for shareing. Were those baby Orca's at the beginning, in front of the boat? If so that is cool. What did the ferry trip one way cost you?

Serengeti Charters
10-19-2011, 04:27 PM
Man, I just realized your boat is a Pursuit!! I saw it in the marina and there were actually 4 Pursuits in marina at once, most I'd seen!! Damn, if I had known that was yours I definitely would of come and said hello! Was it first week in Aug you were out?

Daceminnow
10-19-2011, 09:26 PM
great job on the video. i really enjoyed it. seen a lot of familiar images from past coastal adventures. thanks.

Dace

smallcoho
10-19-2011, 09:48 PM
Very great jobs on both fishing and video.

elnino54
10-20-2011, 03:17 PM
Thx Guys.....It was great trip !!!

I believe the Dolphins were actually Dalls Porpoises, not baby Orcas. I decide to leave the boat on the Island vs. bringing it back to AB. Partly because of the milder weather and the one way ferry cost of $290......

It was every easy making the video with IMovie on a Mac Book Pro. The most time consuming part is wading through all of the video clips.

Dave, I sure do like the Pursuit. They really are nice boats. How do you guys like yours compared to the Grady ?? I only wish I was able to use it more, It really sucks living so far from the ocean. We were out there the second week of August. Although we did ok on Hali's, I would have liked to do better on the springs. We only managed a couple on the very last day. If I go back up there next year, I know where to go now.....lol

Too bad we never bumped into each other. I thought I saw your boat heading up Goletas one morning ahead of me, but we were heading towards the Buckle Group via Christie Pass....hey, maybe next time !!! Cheers !!

Craig

dollfin
10-21-2011, 08:52 AM
Great video thanks for sharing! What an adventure!:)