PDA

View Full Version : Electronic call for wolves????

scooter123
10-19-2011, 06:48 PM
I have a foxpro spitfire that I use for coyotes and im just wondering is it legal to use for wolves on crown land???
I know it can be used for coyotes on crown land from OCT1 till the end of FEB.....but is it the same fo wolves???

I read in the regs how it is illegal for cougars....and could not find anything for wolves!!!

timba
10-19-2011, 06:54 PM
u can use it for wolves,i was going to get one for wolves but just cant bring myself to spend 500$ on one

killer_chicken
10-19-2011, 07:00 PM
From the Alberta Guide to Hunting Regulations (page 18):

"It is unlawful to
Set out, use or employ any of the following items for the purposes of hunting any wildlife:
-recorded wildlife calls or sounds, or an electronically operated
calling device except; 1) when hunting migratory game birds with
the use of calls or sounds that mimic snow geese and the hunting
does not occur with the use of decoys that mimic migratory game
birds other than snow geese, or 2) using electronic calls can be used
to hunt crows, magpies, coyote, red fox and wolf (using sounds that
mimic these animals or rodents)."

So you should be good.

scooter123
10-19-2011, 07:03 PM
Thanks .....I could not find that....But I will look at the regs again.....I just like to be clear!!!!

Thanks for your time to help....now to page 18!!!

killer_chicken
10-19-2011, 07:14 PM
Thanks .....I could not find that....But I will look at the regs again.....I just like to be clear!!!!

Thanks for your time to help....now to page 18!!!

No problem, it didn't actually take much time, I happened to read that very section a couple hours ago, and the book was still sitting beside me...

I just realized I missed the '5.' in my post, it is section 5 under General.

Glad I could help.

waylow
10-19-2011, 07:22 PM
I'd skip the fox pro and get a wildlife technologies MA-21. The best electronic call on the market IMHO. Sound quality is better, sounds are more clear and remote works on mine out to 220 yds. Pricey, but definitely worth it. I've had several different e-callers from foxpro, primos, johnny stewart, cass creek, extreme dimensions and hunter's specialties. Kept the ma-21.