PDA

View Full Version : trout off?

slivers86
10-19-2011, 09:02 PM
Seems as though the trout are off in the streams now... anyone agree? Me and a friend threw everything in our arsenal (yes, he is WAAAAY better of a fly fisher than myself) and only managed a 6" white today. blah!

We weren't exactly fishing tooooo agressively, buut was a good skill day for me, learnt lots :)

Daceminnow
10-19-2011, 10:12 PM
Seems as though the trout are off in the streams now... anyone agree? Me and a friend threw everything in our arsenal (yes, he is WAAAAY better of a fly fisher than myself) and only managed a 6" white today. blah!

We weren't exactly fishing tooooo agressively, buut was a good skill day for me, learnt lots :)

why not? still picking up fish for sure. did you fish anything below the surface? streamers and DO fish aggressively.

Dace

slivers86
10-19-2011, 11:13 PM
Dace,

Today was a big 'technique' type of day. Learnt a lot! it was more fun just learning and being outside, focusing on getting things done right. Fish are really pooling hard right now! Like 10-20 per pool! its amazing to see!

Tezma
10-23-2011, 03:11 PM
Trout are still ON

Yesterday On the bow

slivers86
10-23-2011, 06:40 PM
the bow will never be my first choice of fishing spots... I don't have good luck in big rivers, I prefer smaller, less fished streams. Seem to find a beauty every time I go out to these smaller waters. That being said, the area of choice on the day they seemed off, was already starting to ice, and at the end of the day, there was still ice on the riverbed... bet its iced solid in places this week!

BeeGuy
10-23-2011, 08:22 PM
The bow is ridiculous for med-large trout

Got a brown and 2 thick bows ~20" in 45min this evening.

Eddy62
10-23-2011, 08:39 PM
The bow is ridiculous for med-large trout

Got a brown and 2 thick bows ~20" in 45min this evening.

now is the time.....

BeeGuy
10-23-2011, 08:46 PM
Agreed,

I thought that those trout in Cochrane were fatter and better fighters than the Calgary Bow R. trout,

they're not, and I've concluded that it's just that time of year......

Flyfishen
10-24-2011, 12:53 AM
Nice Rainbows guys!
The bow is fishing very well at this time of year but you definitely need to find where they are. Where you find one there are usually more.

Gust
10-24-2011, 02:30 PM
Ask beeguy to take you out or do a meet & greet (if you haven't already), he seems to have horseshoes up his alley as of late/always. This is the most pristine time to be fishing, it's almost idiot proof (not calling you an idiot BTW),,, try looking at the Bow like a small stream or look for parts of the flow that mimic those streams you prefer.

BeeGuy
10-24-2011, 11:33 PM
Man do those fat bows ever fight!

This one hammer fisted it in a text book trough, first cast.

Fall Rainbows are turbo charged!