PDA

View Full Version : gettin the boat out tomorrow:sHa_shakeshout:

fluxcore
10-21-2011, 06:49 PM
Well its the last trip of the year tomorrow:( I'm hopping for a good day on the lake targeting big eyes and the odd pike then its freeze protect Sunday. Has anyone been out or heading out this weekend?

horsetrader
10-21-2011, 07:49 PM
yep hope to get out sunday maybe pigeon for walleye in the morning and mayatan for perch in the afternoon

BeeGuy
10-21-2011, 08:42 PM
Well its the last trip of the year tomorrow:( I'm hopping for a good day on the lake targeting big eyes and the odd pike then its freeze protect Sunday. Has anyone been out or heading out this weekend?

Yup, I get out pretty regularly. I'll prob hit the river early tomorrow.

Canoe is put away for the winter.

So, as the east coasters used to laugh at, I'll be fishing from "the edge."

horsetrader
10-21-2011, 09:22 PM
I'll boat at least another month

fluxcore
10-22-2011, 06:49 PM
:)I had a great day on the water today and managed lots of eyes on a jig tipped with a minnow. Just a tip the water is really cooling down and the fish are becoming very sluggish, if i bounced my jig even a little bit i wouldn't get a single strike but left to just sit i would detect suttle hits I was able to set the hook on:).........GREAT DAY WHEN DRESSED WARM

npauls
10-22-2011, 06:56 PM
Which lake did you hit up?

Its a shame that you have to put your boat away so early. My favorite time of the year is late October and most of November for eyes. There is never anyone else on the water and the big fish are eating more. I won't be getting out anymore this year I don't think but have big plans for next season that I hope I can fulfill.

horsetrader
10-22-2011, 07:03 PM

Its a shame that you have to put your boat away so early. My favorite time of the year is late October and most of November for eyes. There is never anyone else on the water and the big fish are eating more. I won't be getting out anymore this year I don't think but have big plans for next season that I hope I can fulfill.

This is the best time of the year weather is great water is empty what more could you ask for.

fluxcore
10-22-2011, 07:07 PM

I was on Gull, might hit up pigeon tomorrow. I'm worried with how busy work has been (huge push to have a unit out by Christmas) and a six week weekend course on managers project planning (I think thats what is called) I'm starting on November 3rd at RDC I wont have the time to get out let alone freeze protect.