PDA

View Full Version : BowFishing

ZippyCrow
01-26-2008, 07:05 PM
Hey everyone i have fished with a rod when i was a kid and personally i didnt really like it and i just recently found out about bowfishing.I was just wondering if anyone knows the rules about bowfishing in alberta or if it is even legal to do so
the other question i have is for fishing lisences i have read the alberta goverment website and from what i have read i will need a WIN number and a sportsfishing lisence can someone tell me if this is true or do i need more or less then these
all advice is greatly appreciated thanks

Canuck44
01-26-2008, 08:31 PM
Out of the 2007 regs...

Bowfishing
A special licence for bowfishing is not required. Bowfishing is allowed under the Alberta Sportfishing Licence.
Crossbows cannot be used.
Bows cannot be used to take trout, mountain whitefish, Arctic grayling, lake sturgeon, walleye or northern pike.
Bowfishing is not permitted in Gods, May, Seibert, Winefred, Andrew, Gardiner and Namur lakes.

mud slug
01-26-2008, 08:35 PM
Out of the 2007 regs...

Bowfishing
A special licence for bowfishing is not required. Bowfishing is allowed under the Alberta Sportfishing Licence.
Crossbows cannot be used.
Bows cannot be used to take trout, mountain whitefish, Arctic grayling, lake sturgeon, walleye or northern pike.
Bowfishing is not permitted in Gods, May, Seibert, Winefred, Andrew, Gardiner and Namur lakes.

whats left

ABBWHNTR
01-27-2008, 05:44 PM
lake whitefish are still fair game, this was back 3 years now..

Alberta Bigbore
01-27-2008, 06:35 PM
lake whitefish are still fair game, this was back 3 years now..

Wabamun? i remember day standing on the banks of wabby for pike at the outlet, and whitefish at the inlet. oh the memories. to bad pikes off the list.

ZippyCrow
01-29-2008, 12:49 PM
would anyone like to share some spots that i can wade/bank fish near the calgary area seeing as i dont own a boat and im not to sure were to find the types of fish that i can legally fish.
thanks for answering my previous questions.