PDA

View Full Version : Pigeon Lake

JohnnyD
10-23-2011, 12:18 PM
Hey folks, just wanted to see if anyone is still fishing Pigeon for good old marble eyes? I have been out the last few weekends and have worked my arse off with little to no success. I have fished the point out from the PP fishing from 24' up the break all the way to 6'. Have tried various known holding spots in Poplar bay inside and outside the weedline. Yesterday I cruised down to the west end by sunset harbour and tried in the weeds, which I must say seem to be the healthiest I have seen lately. They are still green where as most are brown or have layed right down.

As far as techniques go I have been casting and vertical gigging gum ball gigs tipped with minnows, worms, or leeches. Also trolled harnesses.

PS if your ever out and see me feel free to say hi, cruising in a 10' blue zebec inflatable with a Honda 15 on the back. Usually wearing a blue and orange float suit.

Thanks,

JohnnyD

hiddenwalleye
10-23-2011, 05:52 PM
:sHa_shakeshout:..Was out last Wednesday and hammered them, we must of caught 80 or so between the two of us, was out the at 10.00 to 3 p.m.

Using 1/8 oz jig heads with half a minnow!!.:acigar:

Cheers

HW

Sled Dog
10-29-2011, 01:29 PM
Went out last Tues (Oct 25th) off the provincial park from 4p.m. to dusk. Picked up a small pike and one 21" walleye on minnow tipped 1/4 oz jigs. Probably the last run for the boat this year.

JohnnyD
10-30-2011, 11:14 AM
Hey guys thanks for the response. All year the PP has been slow (atleast compared to previous seasons). I had better luck on the opposite side of Poplar bay for majority of the year. Dave Genz of the clam ice team often writes that during late fall and winter months he seeks fish on the north side of lakes as they are often a few degrees warmer. I plan to put this into my fishing plan for the hard water season!

Kim473
10-31-2011, 02:31 AM
Hey guys thanks for the response. All year the PP has been slow (atleast compared to previous seasons). I had better luck on the opposite side of Poplar bay for majority of the year. Dave Genz of the clam ice team often writes that during late fall and winter months he seeks fish on the north side of lakes as they are often a few degrees warmer. I plan to put this into my fishing plan for the hard water season!

Come to think of it, usually find I catch more fish on the North side durring hard water. North side of islands too. Most of my hot spots are on the N side. Hmmm Good tip. I will have to remember that next time on a new lake.