PDA

View Full Version : newell lake

rapala76
10-23-2011, 10:14 PM
Got out on the water today, after a very slow start i managed to get a few nice eyes. The over all day was pretty slow for me though. there were a couple of other boats out there and i over heard someone say i guess we should have stayed home. so im assuming they didn't do that well either. Its nice to get there this late in the year. I tried uploading pics but didn't work if i figure it out I'll post them.

fishnab
10-24-2011, 10:30 AM
Fished Newel Saturday with Kelly from TFH. On the water by 7:40am, got taught how to Lindy Rig properly. School was in!!!
Caught about 35 walleye total, with 3 double headers in 15 minutes when the bite was on where we boated 9. Overall averaged 4.5 - 6lbs with Kelly getting a 9lber.
Little breezy (fresh) first thing in the morning but the wind went down a little late morning and shed the heavy jacket and enjoyed the day.

Thanks Kelly, had a great day fishing and learning, can't wait to go again.

npauls
10-24-2011, 11:52 AM
Good to hear the fish are still biting.

It seems like the average size has gone down in the last few years but the fish are still fat and healthy looking.

Good to hear that Kelly is out and getting some fish. 9lbs is way bigger then any eye I have hooked into this year.

rapala76
10-24-2011, 06:42 PM
So how do you Lindy rig properly if you don't mind me asking?

Rick.
10-24-2011, 08:37 PM
How deep were the walleye you were getting. Sounds like a great day of fishing. Well done. Rick.

Kokanee9
10-24-2011, 11:04 PM
We were out there a week ago and we did good in mid/late morning and then some more in the afternoon. 1 in the boat managed his personal best walleye which made the trip worth it.

fishnab
10-25-2011, 09:33 AM
So how do you Lindy rig properly if you don't mind me asking?

Seeing as I had never really Lindy rigged previously, I'd say having the opportiunity to be taught by an experienced tournament angler, about boat speed, direction of attack to structure, boat control, and feeling the bites not seeing them is my best answer.
It for me was a lot of little things that make the whole. I consider myself an experienced recreational angler and appreciate learning the finer details of a technique.
Like I said "school was in", and I had a ball.

chubbdarter
10-25-2011, 04:28 PM
Alot of the lakes the eyes are so full that its the ......Lays syndrome now