PDA

View Full Version : Is the ice safe yet???

dodger
01-27-2008, 01:07 PM
Since this site has some of the best sarcastic fisherman than any other site.:evilgrin: And since I'm sitting here bored out of my mind I figured someone can come up with a good answer to the following.:rolleyes:

Is the ice safe yet, what are they biting, whats the best bait for suckers threw the ice?

Now don't hold back on the sarcasm but keep it clean for everyone.:innocent:

Dodger.

Mish
01-27-2008, 01:45 PM
Depends which lake?

Unregistered user
01-27-2008, 02:02 PM
How much are you gonna eat? did you get your Twinrix?

CrowsnestGuy
01-27-2008, 02:03 PM
Down south here Badger has 18" of ice 2 weeks ago, Kenex trout pond had
12" on it this morning.
As for biting the trout where taking shrimp this morning till the storm blew in.

Richard

dodger
01-27-2008, 02:03 PM
I heard if I drive onto the Bow at Policeman Flats and bogey down to the Carsland weir. Then park just above the weir but on a big ass treble hook with cotton candy. ( NOTE ) The cotton candy will pack onto the hook but your fingers may get sticky. Then put on a 1/4 lb lead split shot lower into the holl and jig vigorously. ( NOTE ) Do not stop jigging or they won't bite.

RECIPE:
Cut your Sucker into cubes and boil in water with Ketchup. Then when cooked you remove and put the pieces into your jar of pickled eggs. Let sit till next season, mmm mmm good. Repeat for following season.

Dodger.:lol:

dodger
01-27-2008, 02:06 PM
Please ignore the redneck spellin. YEHAWW.

Dodger.

Outt and Aboutt
01-28-2008, 12:51 PM
re: Is the ice safe yet

The ice is always safe. It's the dang water underneath it that I worry about.

D

wildman
01-28-2008, 01:04 PM
- the ice is NEVER SAFE!!! it is ALWAYS slippery!!!!
- they're biting on MY bait!!!!
- depends on how much of a sucker YOU are!!!!
good post dodger!!! had some pent up sarcasm!!!:rolleyes: :scared:

Copidosoma
01-28-2008, 01:12 PM
re: Is the ice safe yet

The ice is always safe. It's the dang water underneath it that I worry about.

D

That pretty much sums it up.

nekred
01-28-2008, 01:50 PM
The ice is probably safe... its the drink (cuervo) the ice is in that may be dangerous and may lead to being kidnapped by aliens....go see paranormal post!...

Winch101
01-28-2008, 07:35 PM
NO ! Dont you see the adverts. You can get Hep A,B, or C.

from one cube .So stay away from eating or drinking anything

with ice in it...
Why not go ice fishing stick to something safe....

" Sarcasm, just one of the services I offer"

dodger
01-29-2008, 06:42 AM
OUCH.:( :(

Thanks for the cheap shots guys. ( OUTT AND ABOUTT, WILDMAN, COPIDOSOMA, NEKRED, AND WINCH 101 )

The only problem is these are just rookie comments compared to what I've seen before on this board. Come on and pull up your nylons and put your Pocket Fisherman away for a while.

I'm really nervous about taking the 1971 Lada out on the ice. Reports are the ice is at 30" thick. Will this support a Lada and a trim muscle bound 49 year old. Also is it ok for me to use the underwater camera and a car battery with some cable going into the water just in case there not hitting the old cotton candy?? Thinking of Zapping them as they swim buy, this works for those guys on TV who all where the brown uniforms ( UPS? ).

A frustrated Dodger.:mad: :mad: