PDA

View Full Version : A poll

FishingMOM
10-27-2011, 12:21 PM
Should alberta have Bass?

hah ha ha:scared0018::scared0018:

Okotokian
10-27-2011, 12:22 PM
Apparently God voted "no", so I'm sort of leaning in that direction ;)

Rick.
10-27-2011, 12:40 PM

Now that was funny. Really made me LOL. And...from Okotoks! I'll go with God too but then we wouldn't have rainbows, browns, and God knows what else. I think I better change my vote. We can always go to Ontario if we want to fish Bass though. Rick.

0liver
10-27-2011, 12:59 PM
I really had to think about whether or not to post on this thread but why not give another honest opinion..hopefully it will be the last

I think that if you want to make your own private stocked pond [if you lived in the right kind of environment lets pretend] you should be able to purchase a license for it and make your own massive bucketmouths or smallies, have the lady plant all sorts of nice lillys in the pond... and grab urself some frog lures and make your own 'facts of fishing' show :)

Otherwise, the government shouldn't divert funds into a large scale bass fishery that would most likely turn out mediocre at best..a good example of this is the stocked pothole lakes with put and take rainbow fishery's,

my 2 cents.
0liver

PS This should be the thread to end them ALL.

Jayhad
10-27-2011, 01:03 PM
http://i215.photobucket.com/albums/cc216/jayhad/beating-a-dead-horse.jpg

HunterDave
10-27-2011, 01:36 PM
Only if it's a "QUALITY" bass fishery. :evilgrin:

slivers86
10-27-2011, 01:53 PM
personally, fishing should be about the adventure, exploring new territory and not being able to catch everything within 2-300km. Leave the bass where they are, from calgary you can drive 4-5 hours and catch them in southern bc.

Sundancefisher
10-27-2011, 02:13 PM

God also voted no on brook trout and brown trout and no one hybridized brookie lakers and brookie browns and cutts and rainbows...yellowstone cutts in Alberta...perch in pot hole lakes...transplanted walleyes...rainbows in pothole lakes and so on.

Still...I can't think of a small mouth bass friendly lake in Alberta...except Newell or Crawling Valley. The past attempts failed miserably...so any attempt would be through regular stocking. Would that be doable?

I think it would be nice to have but so would tiger trout and splake. I don't think there is a strong enough lobby group for more fishing choices.

In a perfect world...small lakes and pond that winter kill so often and is not cost effective to stock with trout should stock with perch. Problem is some numskulls would move perch elsewhere as well.

chubbdarter
10-27-2011, 03:14 PM
God also voted no on brook trout and brown trout and no one hybridized brookie lakers and brookie browns and cutts and rainbows...yellowstone cutts in Alberta...perch in pot hole lakes...transplanted walleyes...rainbows in pothole lakes and so on.

Still...I can't think of a small mouth bass friendly lake in Alberta...except Newell or Crawling Valley. The past attempts failed miserably...so any attempt would be through regular stocking. Would that be doable?

I think it would be nice to have but so would tiger trout and splake. I don't think there is a strong enough lobby group for more fishing choices.

In a perfect world...small lakes and pond that winter kill so often and is not cost effective to stock with trout should stock with perch. Problem is some numskulls would move perch elsewhere as well.

I agree..................LOL

wheresthefish
10-27-2011, 03:41 PM
If there is not a negative affect on the other species, why not.

BGSH
10-27-2011, 03:43 PM
Yea that would be great and well your at it throw some sharks in the n.s.r put some marlin in the r.d.r and about thousand dolphins in the bow system as well

Gust
10-27-2011, 03:47 PM
Yea that would be great and well your at it throw some sharks in the n.s.r put some marlin in the r.d.r and about thousand dolphins in the bow system as well

I heard dolphin is great in taste,,, but are they fish??? The Bow System? We now call it the Bow Groove.

Geezle
10-27-2011, 06:58 PM
http://images.memegenerator.net/instances/500x/9086036.jpg

walleyechaser
10-27-2011, 07:09 PM
There was a poll like this couple months ago.

No Bass should not be introduced again

honda450
10-27-2011, 07:34 PM
Want bass? Go to Ontartio. And stay there.

BGSH
10-27-2011, 07:37 PM
Want bass? Go to Ontartio. And stay there.

:sHa_sarcasticlol::sign0111::oregonian_winesmile

horsetrader
10-27-2011, 07:40 PM
http://i215.photobucket.com/albums/cc216/jayhad/beating-a-dead-horse.jpg

JUST LEAVE THE HORSE ALONE HE DIDN'T DO ANYTHING WRONG ...(screaming)

JUST LEAVE THE HORSE ALONE...HE NEVER HURT ANYONE....(screaming and crying)....

Guess it has to be done on U-TUBE or it just don"t work.

Albertadiver
10-27-2011, 08:03 PM
http://i485.photobucket.com/albums/rr214/albertadiver/Cool%20stuff/ball_vs_kid.gif

Just because this thread needed my two cents.

BGSH
10-27-2011, 08:22 PM
http://i485.photobucket.com/albums/rr214/albertadiver/Cool%20stuff/ball_vs_kid.gif

Just because this thread needed my two cents.

:confused:

baitfisher83
10-27-2011, 09:43 PM
Gee we haven't seen one of these polls on here for a while(rolls eyes) why am I not surprised at who started it...

FishingMOM
10-27-2011, 10:13 PM
Some people need to get over themselves.

There is more to bass than just the famous large and smallies.

I'd love to see rock bass here. They would do well and kids would have a blast.
Heck even Crappie, or sunfish and bluegill would be nice.

Freshwater Drum also know as "sheepshead" are loved by kids, especially for their lucky stones. Anyone who has walked the beaches of the great lakes knows what they are and have had a few.
In freshwater drum, they have calcified "stones" in their skulls. If you cut open the top of their heads by their brain, you will find these "stones" This experience has been going on with fishermen for hundreds of years. As the "tale" goes, you have to cut out your own "stones" from one fish, let them dry out and have them with you when you go fishing everytime.
It makes you a very lucky fisherman. They are called "LUCK STONES"

Plus these fish make wonderful fertilizer. Veggies and flowers love them.

I realize that those who have the powers wont let it happen.
Doesnt mean people cant bring it up. It was also brought up while I had a mild fever. Sometimes its fun to push some of your buttons cause you guys jump up and down. Guess its a good cardio work out.

baitfisher83
10-27-2011, 10:17 PM
Bringing up bass in Alberta is like a parrot that doesn't have the mental capacity to learn more than one phrase. I wonder if there's some bird wandering around saying "Polly wants bass, Polly wants bass"

horsetrader
10-27-2011, 10:28 PM
Some people need to get over themselves.

There is more to bass than just the famous large and smallies.

I'd love to see rock bass here. They would do well and kids would have a blast.
Heck even Crappie, or sunfish and bluegill would be nice.

Freshwater Drum also know as "sheepshead" are loved by kids, especially for their lucky stones. Anyone who has walked the beaches of the great lakes knows what they are and have had a few.
In freshwater drum, they have calcified "stones" in their skulls. If you cut open the top of their heads by their brain, you will find these "stones" This experience has been going on with fishermen for hundreds of years. As the "tale" goes, you have to cut out your own "stones" from one fish, let them dry out and have them with you when you go fishing everytime.
It makes you a very lucky fisherman. They are called "LUCK STONES"

Plus these fish make wonderful fertilizer. Veggies and flowers love them.

I realize that those who have the powers wont let it happen.
Doesnt mean people cant bring it up. It was also brought up while I had a mild fever. Sometimes its fun to push some of your buttons cause you guys jump up and down. Guess its a good cardio work out.

The lucky stones are actually the ear bones of the fish what makes them unique is the letters that appear on the bones a letter l and a letter j the J is on the left side and the L is on the right

boroumand8
10-29-2011, 10:50 AM
This is Alberta! We already have bull trout and pike and albertan fish!We don't need any stinkin bass in our waters!