PDA

View Full Version : Crawling Valley Jan 27

ULTRAlite
01-28-2008, 12:33 PM
Was on the ice by 7:30am - caught 3 pike by 11am when the wind and weather forced us off. First pike on the smelt was pushing 30" and the other two on spoons were closer to 25". All three went back to fight again. According to a few gents that stopped by for a gab, we were had more luck than most. Walleye and burb was null.

gramps73
01-28-2008, 01:06 PM
Ultra
Was out on the weekend as well with similar luck, where were you fishing on the lake, have the ice shack just north of the boat launch.
gramps

camshaft
01-28-2008, 08:11 PM
Was out yesterday in the blizzard as well. It was nice at about 07:30 but damn did it take a turn for the worse fast. Started fishing the east islands with no success. It was looking good when we had two quick bites within the first few minutes, until the second bite took my buddies rod down the hole :)

4 hours later I reeled in as we were gunna go move closer to the west. As I brought my line up I noticed there was line attached to my jig. Caught my buddies rod from 4 hours earlier. I was in my own tent about 10 feet away from them. What are the odds, too bad the fish wasn't attached at this point.

We moved to another spot and found a large permanent shak on the ice. We set up the ice cube about 3 feet behind it, in an effort to use it and my truck as a wind break. I'll apologize now to the owner of the shack in case u wonder who the idiots were that would drill 3 holes a few feet behind your ice shack. We saw the keys to the shack outside, and were joking about going inside just to get out of the cold, fishing it, and then leaving a $20 bill tacked to the wall as a sign of thanks.....but of course that would be wrong.

It's pretty sad when owners leave keys to the shack in plain view so people will use them instead of kicking down the locked door. I can tell u that everything looked in order and no damage was observed to your shack (should some dip**** do the inevitable, and u wonder when it may have happened)

Managed only one small eye for the day. Definately the coldest I've been out this year, but surprisingly the ice-cube held its own and kept us at around +5 with the heater on.

ULTRAlite
01-28-2008, 10:12 PM
Ultra
Was out on the weekend as well with similar luck, where were you fishing on the lake, have the ice shack just north of the boat launch.
gramps

If you're in the area with a few shacks together, we were just around the corner and to the north. A little ways up from the shack with the satellite dish...