PDA

View Full Version : Where to buy Wireworms

BigBuck$
01-28-2008, 08:37 PM
I am looking for some Wireworms that have red wire and a yellow bead (eye) attached to the shank of the hook. Lost my last one and I can't find them anywhere!!! :( if anyone has seen them could you please let me know. Thanks!!!

TundraBuck
01-28-2008, 08:39 PM
Anywhere, check the gas stations they usually have some. I make my own now though. Quite easy just get some hooks, and a vice if you dont have one for fly tying, and wrap wire around it.

BigBuck$
01-28-2008, 08:57 PM
Anywhere, check the gas stations they usually have some. I make my own now though. Quite easy just get some hooks, and a vice if you dont have one for fly tying, and wrap wire around it.

Have you seen this color combination in Rocky? I have a ton of other colors but nothing works like the red n' yellow!!!

TundraBuck
01-29-2008, 11:27 AM
Actually I saw some in Red Deer in one of the gas stations, just check around even at the local fly shops you can also use chironomids which are similar. At sylvan my brother has been fishing the whites hard and he told me a white wireworm with a chartreuse bead on the bottom of the shaft was working for him.

Trail Blazer
01-29-2008, 12:57 PM
if you are crazy for them and need them real bad I could tie them for a $1.00 a hook if you want lots I could come down in the price just PM me.

Hipper8
01-31-2008, 03:25 PM
I am looking for some Wireworms that have red wire and a yellow bead (eye) attached to the shank of the hook. Lost my last one and I can't find them anywhere!!! :( if anyone has seen them could you please let me know. Thanks!!!

Lots available at The Fishing Hole stores in Edmonton. PM me for the contact info of a guy who does a good job making them up.

smoky the bear
01-31-2008, 09:22 PM
next time you see TELUS guys, ask them for a peice of wire. They used to have about a 3/4" line with about 30 to 40 different colors of wire in it. Hope that helps..

Kelly & Beth
01-31-2008, 11:48 PM
pretty sure Dale at sportsmen den has what your looking for