PDA

View Full Version : Gull snow/access?

jrs
01-31-2008, 06:28 PM
Anyone been out there since the wind was blowing the snow around? Any chance a 2WD truck could still get around a bit? Last Saturday i could still drive around a bit but with this cold weather I'm hoping i can fish within a few hundred metres of my truck so i can start it now and then (so the battery doesn't die). Thanks if anyone has some info.

Mish
01-31-2008, 11:04 PM
Was out there today...got stuck right at the boat launch from the camp grounds. If you can make it over that snow drift you should be fine. Not too bad out on the lake if you can maneuver around the drifts. Unfortunately we got stuck right at the beginning and had to get pulled out by a nice guy passing by. We decided just to park the car and hike out a bit.

Rockymtnx
01-31-2008, 11:10 PM
Mish how did you make out at Gull?
I bet there wasnt too many people out in the cold today.

Mish
01-31-2008, 11:20 PM
Horribly :lol: I didn't see a thing all day!! The guy who pulled us out told us he had good luck with ling and jacks but the only other person we saw all day told us he didn't catch a thing. Oh, but that lake store has excellent wild blueberry muffins, next time you're out there :) Thanks for your help...I haven't given up on Gull yet.

Rockymtnx
01-31-2008, 11:40 PM
Well sorry to hear about your luck.
Don't give up yet. The season is still young.

Drano
02-01-2008, 01:39 AM
yes weather is brutal...

jrs
02-01-2008, 06:58 PM
Thanks for the report. I'll make sure i have momentum getting on and there's still guys heading off when i try to get off :lol: I'm hoping to get another couple burbot so I'll see how it goes. I saw a few cars getting stuck last week so i think the little extra clearance i have helps. I'll make sure i grab a snow shovel as well.

Mish
02-01-2008, 07:00 PM
Well sorry to hear about your luck.
Don't give up yet. The season is still young.

I'll be out to try a few more times at least. Usually hit or miss with me when it comes to fishing.