PDA

View Full Version : Gull lake and Sylvan

nube
02-01-2008, 04:11 PM
Going fishing tommarow with the 6 year old. Any fish biting at these 2 lakes? I haven't had a good bite at gull the last hald dozen times out there this year and last so I don't have much faith in her anymore but may give it a go for a couple early hours tommarow and then head to sylvan

jrs
02-01-2008, 07:02 PM
I had four hits over 6 hours or so last weekend at Gull and it felt like a good day. I know two were burbs, not sure what the others were. I'll be out their tomorrow.
Where abouts does everybody fish at Sylvan? I still have to try stopping by one time.

Sage
02-01-2008, 09:23 PM
Curious to know where the bite is on Sylvan or Gull and where to go taking out the little guy.

TundraBuck
02-01-2008, 09:25 PM
Go to Sylvan to RR23. Can find the perch from 18 - 46 ft and whitefish all in there and pike out to 25, walleye all depths listed with perch. You can fish in 10 and under for whitefish and pike and burbot and whatever else in shallow off the weedbed where everyone goes. just fish there, move around, talk to some people. Move around til you find the perch, they are there.

jrs
02-02-2008, 06:59 PM
Was out at Gull today and it was brutal. Did not get a good hit from the time i arrived (9:00am) till i threw in the towel (5:00). Guys beside me (showed up late afternoon) managed one hammer handle. Hopefully its better next time, really had to floor it getting on and off the lake as well if anyone's heading out with a 2WD.

jrs
02-02-2008, 07:05 PM
blank

nube
02-02-2008, 09:21 PM
I hit gull as well from 7am til 10:30 and I had one white cruise by and I caught one pike. I went to sylvan and had a limit in a few hours after that. My buddy hit sylvan first and the 4 of them had limits by noon. Then they went to gull and had 2 burbot and one white for the afternoon. I hate gull. those fish are so big it keeps your hopes up but it sure is hard to catch on. I don't know if it is overfished or what the case is but it sure sucks.