PDA

View Full Version : Derby at Rattlesnake (Sauder Res.)

crudedude
02-02-2008, 04:17 PM
Hi does anyone know if there is a fishing derby at Rattlesnake lake next weekend or when it might be if there is one.Any info would be great.

mulecrazy
02-02-2008, 08:10 PM
The derby is next weekend (9th and 10th). The Moose in med hat is organizing it apparently this year and the setup has changed considerably from previous years. I will be making the trek down from rocky on friday with dreams of that 30 pounder with my treble hook stuck in his lips :D

crudedude
02-02-2008, 11:07 PM
Hi mulecrazy

Thanks for the info. Would you be able to give me some more info on this derby.Where do we enter,how much to enter and regulations of the derby.I can not find a thing about the derby weekend and I live 10 minutes out of the Hat.Would there be a internet site or any contacts would be super.Send me a pm and we can get together. Thanks again:wave:

madatter
02-06-2008, 06:21 PM
There may be a few 30#ers in there but very few!
We've caught over a hundred pike out of there this winter and the biggest was maybe 8#s.......
Action has been pretty good mostly but size not so much!
BTW has anybody had any luck with the perch out there at all??
We have tried in some of our regular spots and really have not had a sniff...don't know where they went.

mulecrazy
02-06-2008, 08:13 PM
A thirty pounder is definetly a stretch but I guy can dream. Not sure about the perch this year. That lake used to be my favorite but after the drought 6 years ago when the level went way down the perch fishing has sucked. only place we caught them was in the deeps off the dam. not many keepers though.

madatter
02-07-2008, 01:31 PM
In case anyone cares there is alot of ice out at the Snake now!
There's a good 20" of it so driving anywhere should not be a problem!
Unless you are unlucky or cursed!:scared:
Does'nt sound like the weather is gonna cooperate either.
Maybe working this weekend is'nt a bad thing!

mulecrazy
02-11-2008, 02:35 PM
Did anyone else make it out to the derby? How did you fair? Our group landed close to 60 pike on the weekend. Nothing of size though. biggest was 4.7 pounds. Lots of fun and action even though the weather was pretty crappy.

Gordoats26
02-11-2008, 02:46 PM
Hows the Walleye fishing out at Sauder these days?

madatter
02-12-2008, 01:38 PM
Did anyone else make it out to the derby? How did you fair? Our group landed close to 60 pike on the weekend. Nothing of size though. biggest was 4.7 pounds. Lots of fun and action even though the weather was pretty crappy.

The Snake has been good for numbers this year,best day was 20+ pike in under 4 hours(just me),but like you say no real size but alot of keepers!
Walleye and perch very hard to come by but in all honesty I really have not spent alot of time targeting them!

sumuse3hooksiuse1
02-12-2008, 08:30 PM
Why don't you quit worrying about sharpening those trebles, and get out to your local sportsman store!

crudedude
02-12-2008, 09:26 PM
Hey maybe if you would use more then 1 single hook you might catch more fish.:rolleyes:

bighorn
02-05-2009, 09:48 PM
Maybe someone can help me out as well and answer a few questions. My understanding is they will have the weigh-in straight in from the gate by the lake. I know it is $20 but what is the earliest start time to pay? When is the cut off?What is 1st 2nd 3rd prize? Is it for just largest or for a few species?

Grizzly
02-08-2009, 08:09 PM
Hey all...
1st place pike wighed 4.4lbs.
2nd tied at 4.2lbs
3rd was 4.0lbs...

Not many fish were caught in 2 days, my dad tied for 2nd place, and i had 3rd
place. 1st place winner got 310$ 2nd was a combination of 3rd + 2nd and then split in half which was 150$ each. 3rd recieved no prize.

Door prizes where a bottle of vodka, and whiskey i believe and also a Coleman Cooler.

Biggest fish caught was 5.1lbs by a 5yr old boy. He recieved 240$ for it.

there were 95 tickets sold for the derby... put was VERY POOR fishing...

Hopefully the Newel Derby is better next weekend!