PDA

View Full Version : Eagle Lake

brandon
02-02-2008, 07:45 PM
Has any body fished here going there tomorrow

Gordoats26
02-02-2008, 07:57 PM
Never been but i chated to some guys from strathmore last year while i was camping and they told me not to eat any fish from there cause its a dirty lake or somthing but i dont know how creditable they were?

Mish
02-03-2008, 12:56 AM
I definitely think it's a dirty lake but I don't know if it's dirty enough to not eat the fish. They blocked up the big...tube?...that let water flow in when I was there in the summer not much water was flowing in, if anything. The lake definitely didn't look like it would have appetizing fish.

duffy4
02-03-2008, 08:14 AM
I flew over eagle lake in a helicopter a week or so ago and it looked as though someone had been on the lake ice fishing. Don't know if you are allowed to snowmobile into it of not?

I know of at least two eagle lakes in Alberta, which one are you talking about?

Robin in Rocky

brandon
02-03-2008, 01:49 PM
We went out and got nothing at all saw one fish on the fish camera but had great troubles with the camera. The lake is by Strathmore.

Justanotherbuck2
02-03-2008, 02:08 PM
I have lived out this way for 20 years and eagle lake has produced some good walleyes and small pike seems to be best by the old railway track. ice fishing is better than summer boating as the lake is verry shallow and has lots of sand bars to eat your prop. try the SW end or a few hundred yards south of the homes on the north end. WID has the rights to the lake and there are a few private access points. There is no canal system feeding into this lake nor any natural spring, water level is determined 100% from snow and rainfall. Good luck

Rockymtnx
02-03-2008, 02:42 PM
I flew over eagle lake in a helicopter a week or so ago and it looked as though someone had been on the lake ice fishing. Don't know if you are allowed to snowmobile into it of not?
I know of at least two eagle lakes in Alberta, which one are you talking about?
Robin in Rocky

The Eagle Lake I know of is clean!!!!!!!!!
I am guessing we are talking about the same one out in the west country Duffy.

BlueNorther
02-03-2008, 03:06 PM
Probably Eagle lake over by Strathmore I assume.

BUD
02-04-2008, 10:12 AM
Why would,nt it be called a dirty lake , feedlots on 2 sides of it close to shore and a Tree/sod nursery on the West side spreading fertilizers around all day 24/7 , so where does the ground water go from thease poluters , into the lake of course.

BEL
02-04-2008, 04:24 PM
I tend to agree with Bud because by mid-summer there is a tremendous algae bloom in that lake. Only fished it once, in August, anything in the water was "green" coated. BEL

spinerfisher
02-05-2008, 08:22 PM
My wife and i have iced fished eagle lake for the past 8 years. The first few years ice fishing there we had tremendous success catching 20-40 pike a day with another couple and releasing ALL fish. I have only caught one walleye there at the south end in 15 feet of water. it was 6lbs and i caught it right after i put my line in after someone offered it to us. i will never forget that cause the nice guy that offered us his holes(had hand auger 30inch ice)said if you get a walleye in that hole i will be ****ed, i havent had %%$T all day. He got in his truck and we dropped our lines. As he was driving away i had a bite and sethook. brought up a walleye and we were all laughing so hard as we watched him drive away, we were waving at him but didnt see, Anyways last few years seeing 30+ cars their on the weekends, and seeing everyone keeping the fish, i think its getting fished out. best way to fish it is ice and summer is a waste of time. My neighbour kept a pike one time i took him out and said YUCK

bronco2
12-18-2009, 07:45 PM
Awesome little lake. Anybody been there yet this year.

backpacker
12-24-2009, 06:39 AM
bronco2, if you're referring to the "Eagle Lake" along the Ya-Ha-Tinda ranch road, I am thinking of heading there next week for a couple days/nights of ice fishing. I haven't fished there before so I was wondering if anyone can tell me if there are rainbows, brookies, cutthroat trout and to what size? Thanks.

Sir Landsalot
12-24-2009, 08:43 AM
bronco2, if you're referring to the "Eagle Lake" along the Ya-Ha-Tinda ranch road, I am thinking of heading there next week for a couple days/nights of ice fishing. I haven't fished there before so I was wondering if anyone can tell me if there are rainbows, brookies, cutthroat trout and to what size? Thanks.

It is stocked with Cutthroat trout, but they are very few and far between at present. I believe it winter killed last year.

backpacker
12-24-2009, 04:06 PM
Thanks SL, has anyone ever tried Klien Lake just west of Mtn. Aire Lodge? If so, did you have any luck? Thanks.

skain11
12-24-2009, 04:52 PM
I thought it was Cline but nevertheless I have tried it a couple times in the summer with flys...zilch...Eagle lake is a much better lake...landed some nice big brooks in the summer....3-4 km medium hike in...not sure of the winterkill record though..Also the panther riv near Cline is good when open..sk

Caoz
06-29-2012, 06:39 PM
Fished Eagle Lake today. Should be called weed lake and not cause people be puffing. Weeds are THICK, water is shallow. Hooked one small pike 2 min into fishing than not a bite for next 2 hrs. Still had fun and that's all that matters.